Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Illustrator plotter plog-in recommendation

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by creativebunny, Mar 10, 2007.

1. creativebunny

creativebunny New Member

Mar 9, 2007
    Hi everyone,

I recently purchased the Qe60+ Vinyl Express from Sign Warehouse and the LXI Master software bundle. I work on a mac and did not receive a print driver with my package to allow me to plot/cut out of Illustrator like their website states. I am having difficulties with the LXI software importing my Illustrator files and am interested in sending my files directly from Illustrator to the plotter.

Does anyone know:
    1. Where I could get the mac driver for my plotter?
    OR
    2. Recommend a good (inexpensive) plug-in for Illustrator that will allow me to cut directly from the program?

Thanks,
    Bunny

Tags:
  2. John Butto

John Butto Very Active Member

Jan 9, 2007
    plug in

www.SC-X2.com
    I also use the Mac and IllustratorC2 and this is a great driver. Summa pro D750

3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Try saving you Illustrator files back to version 3 and you will have no difficulty importing them into LXI.

4. creativebunny

creativebunny New Member

Mar 9, 2007
    Thank You

Thank you both for the replies. I will check out the driver!

5. binkdesigns

binkdesigns Member

Feb 3, 2007
    I also am In the same situation as you with the LXI software. Running CS2 / Mac with a Graphtec plotter. Does that plugin also work for that plotter?

6. Bill Modzel

Bill Modzel Active Member

Brian,
    Graphtec has their own downloadable Illustrator plug in called Cutting Master. It works great. Search their web site.

7. binkdesigns

binkdesigns Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Thanks Bill, it was kinda hard to find. To bad the version they offer does not work with the new intel mac's yet. So I'm going to be contacting them today about it.

8. Graphics2u

Graphics2u Very Active Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Iowa
    Mutoh has a downloadable plotter driver for the Ultima also. So I would keep checking with Signwarehouse they probably do have it available.

9. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
  10. creativebunny

creativebunny New Member

Mar 9, 2007
    Graphtec Plug-In

Do you know if the Graphtec plug-in will work with my Vinyl Express QE60+? It's made by Graphtec for Sign Warehouse ... so I thought MAYBE!

I don't have a brand new Intel Mac, so I'm safe on that end!

Thanks,
    Bunny