• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator plotter plog-in recommendation

creativebunny

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased the Qe60+ Vinyl Express from Sign Warehouse and the LXI Master software bundle. I work on a mac and did not receive a print driver with my package to allow me to plot/cut out of Illustrator like their website states. I am having difficulties with the LXI software importing my Illustrator files and am interested in sending my files directly from Illustrator to the plotter.

Does anyone know:
1. Where I could get the mac driver for my plotter?
OR
2. Recommend a good (inexpensive) plug-in for Illustrator that will allow me to cut directly from the program?

Thanks,
Bunny

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Try saving you Illustrator files back to version 3 and you will have no difficulty importing them into LXI.

binkdesigns

I also am In the same situation as you with the LXI software. Running CS2 / Mac with a Graphtec plotter. Does that plugin also work for that plotter?

Bill Modzel

Brian,
Graphtec has their own downloadable Illustrator plug in called Cutting Master. It works great. Search their web site.

binkdesigns

Thanks Bill, it was kinda hard to find. To bad the version they offer does not work with the new intel mac's yet. So I'm going to be contacting them today about it.

Graphics2u

Mutoh has a downloadable plotter driver for the Ultima also. So I would keep checking with Signwarehouse they probably do have it available.

creativebunny

Graphtec Plug-In

Brian,
Graphtec has their own downloadable Illustrator plug in called Cutting Master. It works great. Search their web site.

Do you know if the Graphtec plug-in will work with my Vinyl Express QE60+? It's made by Graphtec for Sign Warehouse ... so I thought MAYBE!

I don't have a brand new Intel Mac, so I'm safe on that end!

Thanks,
Bunny