• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator printing issue...

make_edit

I am fairly new to Illustrator 10, all of my experience is with Photoshop. We are using Illustrator to design for our new Versacamm. Well after the design is finished, I flatten it, then open it in versaworks(but photoshop sees it this way as well), it shows a label '60dpi 75 Black' in the lower right hand corner...and it will print it.It is invisible in Illustrator. How can I turn this off?

make_edit

I have checked each layer and do not see it. I have also checked everywhere I know to look to remove it. It is strange that you cant see it until after it has been flattened and saved as an .eps file. I took the same file to another system with Illustrator 10 and opened it up flattened it and saved it as .eps and it has disappeared..It must been a setting checked on that particular system but of course I dont know where!

Mason

Why are you flattening the Illy file? You dont need to do that. Save it as an illustrator .ai file first then go to "save as" and save it as an eps. Also check your printing prefences to see if "print page information" is checked, if so uncheck it.

make_edit

Versaworks seems to distort and move text if you dont flatten it....the tech recommended we flatten it to avoid this....I also did a test and he is correct.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
  • In your VersaWorks menu…. go down to the ‘Mark’ icon.
  • Click on it.
  • Look to see if you have something checked under ‘Print Job Properties’

make_edit

I looked at that when it first started happening and 'no marks' is checked. I believe it is in illustrator..when I go eps from that one particular system the dpi stuff is there. When I go eps from another system, it is gone. The system that runs the printer is a stand alone(off the intranet), files are coming from our cad dept.