• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator Question

deejay

Im printing a banner and on the banner I have an outer glow on the Logo. When Im ready to send it for print I enlarge it and the outer glow disapears. Any help would be appericiated.

deejay

Just noticed scaling effects is checked on. When Im designing this its scaled down but when Im ready to print and scale it up (8'x3') it takes for ever to render the outer glow effect, also under the properties effects Inotice theres a 2" limit to the glow effect could this be causing an issue?

Murmanation

Also, one thing to consider is the software that rips the file to the printer. Sometimes I have to make sure the effect is rasterized or outlined if it is text before sending to the printer. Signboy most likely hit the nail on the head, I just thought I would add my two cents if the scaling effect tip didn't work.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Yup. If 2" is the limit that's all you'll get...

You could export it at the smaller size at very high resolution, then you can size it up when you print or in PHotoshop. If you saved at high enough res, it should work.

Last edited:

Sign_Boy

How big is it? The layout that is.

Are you trying to save it without the effects?

How big is it? The layout that is.

Are you trying to save it without the effects?

Bigdawg LOL I just saw I posted just about the same thing you did.

Murmanation

Only reason I ask is because at work I have a PC and when I'm in PS or AI and it gives the "not enough memory" response I have to close the program and restart. It gets annoying but sometimes that's the only recourse.

Sign_Boy

I believe this has to do with the scratch disk setup. I ran into that on my Mac, not so much on my PC. LOL
Illy can be clunky, but then again so can PS.

Murmanation

Agreed, I have the same disk problems on my PC as well. What version of Creative Suite do you run? I run CS2 at work, but I just got CS3 for my Mac at home and I haven't had the problem yet but I've only had it a couple months.

deejay

CS3 on a PC. And thats seems to have worked. I just resized it in PS and added the effect in their and now going to send it to print. BTW, I have Flexi (Expert) as well and just cant seem to get the exact effect I want out of it.

Thankx for all the help.

GK

CS3 on a PC. And thats seems to have worked. I just resized it in PS and added the effect in their and now going to send it to print. BTW, I have Flexi (Expert) as well and just cant seem to get the exact effect I want out of it.

Thankx for all the help.

If you are sending the file to print as a psd make sure you either create the effect on its own layer or flatten the image entirely. Photoshop effects have been known to cause undesirable effects after being processed in a RIP so the end result may not be what you saw on the screen, just something to keep in mind.