• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator question

TheSellOut

Ok, I am lost here?¿? I cropped out an image in photoshop on a transparent bkgd. When I open in Illustrator it has a red binding box around it(while other objects have a blue outline) which won't allow me to >Arrange the image, such as "send to back"

I just did this same thing last week and had no problem!

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
You have the image on a different layer.
Copy the image, then select your blue layer, then paste.. viola!

Rick

Oh, and sometimes you have the option of having paste remember your layers. (this is great when working with multiple scales in CadTools using a scale template)

To turn that off and on, you go to your layers panel, then go to your options and turn off or on the "paste remembers layers"

TheSellOut

Thank you for your help!...I've been working in Illy for yrs but the layers thing is something rather new to me.

I couldn't get it to work the way you explained but when I double clicked the layer I was able to change it to a blue layer and that worked!

Just before you responded, I had re-saved it as a PDF in PS then re-opened in Illy and that worked too.

TheSellOut

Oh, and sometimes you have the option of having paste remember your layers. (this is great when working with multiple scales in CadTools using a scale template)

To turn that off and on, you go to your layers panel, then go to your options and turn off or on the "paste remembers layers"

That's what it was!!...Thanks Again

TheSellOut

Let me ask you this...can you lock an effect or a stroke to an image so that when you scale it down the Apperence stays the same?

Rick

You go to the scale window (s then return) and select "SCALE STROKES AND EFFECTS"

TheSellOut

You guys rock!!! That has been driving me nuts...Thank You! That "Scale" window is not easy to find, still I can't find without the shortcut!

Rick

hit your "S" key on your keyboard, then hit "RETURN"

Most of your tools are assigned keys on your keyboard. If you hover your mouse over your tool bar the corresponding letter for the shortcut should appear.