• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator question

James Chrimes

I created some logos and finished the design in Illustrator. Now I want to open it in photoshop and be able to alter it there. I saved it as an ai, psd, eps and so on. It keeps apearing as an square block image not vector. Is there a way to do what I want?

James Chrimes

thanks Eric. I have tried that and it did not work. I can open the vector files in corel draw, illustrator, flexi, gerber but not in Photoshop. Now I am puzzled. thanks for the help.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What version or level are you using ??

I just did it in mine and the only thing I could think of is maybe you don't have enough room to rasterize it.

SebastienL

Had the same problem last week.
Resolved it by copying artwork into another document and saved as .eps. It was a costumer's file. I suspect it is something in the file setting; maybe overprint is check or something like that. Don't know what was wrong but that did the trick...

Flash Harry

Think it will come across if you drag the object from the open window on Illustrator to an open window on Photoshop as well. Depends on the versions you have on that one however I seem to remmeber.

JERHEMI

Group whatever objects in Illustrator you would like as layers in Photoshop..."groups" in Illustrator = "layers" in photoshop. Next, File > Export as PSD > color mode cmyk, choose what resolution you would like, for options click "write layers" then hit ok. Go over to photoshop and open the file and you should be all set!