• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator Snapping (?)

cgsigns_jamie

So I think I've inadvertently turned on some crazy snap feature in Illustrator.

When I try and move objects around I can only move them at a 45º or 90º angle.

And the Pen Tool is doing some crazy thing where the handles can only be pulled out at a 45º or 90º angle.

I usually use (and like) the Smart Guides but I turned those off to see if it helped, nope.

I turned off all the Snapping features that I know of, "Snap to Grid" and "Snap to Point"

I checked the Preferences and didn't see anything unusual there.

Anyone have any ideas for me??

I'm running Illustrator CS5 (15.0.2) on Mac OS 10.6.6 if that helps.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
i don't have illustrator, but in composer, that's called "on axis"...maybe illustrator has a similar name for it.

cgsigns_jamie

I don't think it's a stuck button because both my laptop and desktop are doing the same thing.

(My computer profile is synchronized, that's why I assume it's a setting or preference)

I figure I must have done some sort of keyboard shortcut on accident that enabled this.

HaroldDesign

It sounds like the the "construction Guides" box under smart guides is checked. Also make sure there isn't something going on "Selection & Anchor".

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 220
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 217

cgsigns_jamie

I thought so too... but Construction Guides are turned off.

Now it really gets weird... I just restarted the whole computer and now it's back to normal...

I'll let you know if the "issue" comes back.