• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator won't cut certain letters????

wildhock

O.K. help me figure this one out. Design in Illistrator cutting to a Roland 24 will not cut certain letters. I have tried outlining and just text and certain letters won't cut in the design. Any ideas????

Thanks,

Jon

threeputt

Go back into Illy and select a few of the offending letters. Examine and compare them to the other letters. There has got to be some "properties" those letters share that the letters that cut do not.

Check everything. Maybe there's a "stroke" on them, two letters over top of each other, etc.

Just my 2 cents.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Do you cut direct from Illustrator, or are you exporting it to another program?

I sometimes have a similar problem when I send an Illustrator file to SignLab. SignLab will import .ai files and that is when the problem usually occurs.

I have found that the problem disappears if I export the .ai file to a .dxf file, and then import that .dxf file into SignLab.

Try converting your text to curves and then making it a .dxf file and see if that helps the problem.

If you can't cut a .dxf file, then just convert text to curves and try cutting the .ai file.

Jim

Last edited:

wildhock

Thanks for the replys! I cutting straight out of Illy. I have tried outlining but saving to a different format. I will do some more playing. Thanks, Jon

sinetist

What program are you using to cut from Illy? I"m mostly using Signcut X2 to cut from Illy files and I know it won't cut open paths. Perhaps the outline nodes of the letters not cutting aren't joined somewhere.

curtrnev

Do you use the Roland plug in ? I have never had an issue with that set up Illy cs3 and roland cutstudio going to a gx24.