• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Illustrator

funnyb0nz

Hey Guys n Gals, I have a sign that I need to make for a customer that is 360inches x 32 inches however Illustrator maxes out at 227. something. What is the best way to go about desinging this in Illustrator?

MikePro

everything is designed in scale.
check out hotdoor cadtools plugin for illustrator, super easy scaled drawing toolset if you prefer to not have to do the math everytime.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Design the artwork at 50% of full size. Really it doesn't matter what scale you use as long as it's easy to enlarge back to full size in the RIP before printing. If you like using line strokes in artwork (rather than actual outlined paths) make sure any of those strokes are set to scale with the objects when enlarged.

crny1

everything is designed in scale.
check out hotdoor cadtools plugin for illustrator, super easy scaled drawing toolset if you prefer to not have to do the math everytime.

Funny you mention CadTools. I have it and struggle with making it work correctly. So I resort back to basic math (which is a pain when most everything I do exceeds AI's size limits)
I am sure it probably works great and my problems are operator errors..........Also struggle with using CadTools to figure out Sq Ft of really weird shapes.