• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illy questions on aligning objects

GoodPeopleFlags

When aligning 2 objects together in Illy CS3, is there a way to "lock" one object so the 2nd one moves to it instead of both objects moving?

Also, I've brought this up before but I'm still at a loss. I can't align objects to the artboard; only other objects. I have CS4 at home and can do it easily but not at work in CS3. In CS3, the little drop down menu in the Align window gives me the option to either Align To Artboard or Align To Crop Area. (In CS4, I can do Align to Selection.) No matter which one is checked, it doesn't work. If one object is selected and I click an align option, it doesn't move. Any clue on that?

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
select all objects and the one you want to remain stationary you click a 2nd time. It should remain selected. If not you did something wrong. Then click on your alignment tool

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
ancient chinese secrets

guido.gif
Odd ... I thought it was an old Indian trick ... one that I learned when I was out west breeding Shetland ponies.