• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illy to Corel color question

SCOTTD

One of my emplyees works with Illy and we use Corel at our office.

I am letting her work from home and she can send files to the office.
I need to let her know what color palette to work in so when I open an EPS that she sends me there aren't any color issues.

We use a pantone palette in corel (t-shirt printing reasons)

Any help will be appreciated.

dbenec

i've had corel files exported as .ai files and they open in .ai fine and hold the spot color. for whatever reason there seem to be multiple blacks in corel that I'm always merging into one Black printing plate. other than that it seems to work ok.

dbenec

alternately i've sent .ai files to someone w/ corel and they were able to open and the spot colors held. i had to export down to ai.8 though.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
In Illustrator I usually define a CMYK "rich black" and apply that to any black in the image. Total ink limit varies between printers, but a formula like C=30, M=30, Y=30, K=100 usually works pretty well and will translate back to CorelDRAW with little problem.

The bigger issues I have with sending AI files back into Corel is limitations on how Corel can handle clipping masks and other Illustrator-dependent effects.

Normally I go the other direction with artwork. Do a lot of the design work in Corel, but finalize all the color in Illustrator.