• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Im baaaaack!

Scott Reynolds

Im a newbie here, this decade. :banghead:

I was here for a while, but was working full time and running a 2 man sign shop on the side. I was busy with the sign stuff, but my full time job was still making me more money. Both jobs was taking too much of my family time so I decided to close down the sign shop and sell 95% my equipment and just go back to 40hr a week.

I keep one of my copy's of Flexisign Pro and my smallest cutter (24"), but Ive recently got the bug to get creative again so Im looking to buy a 62" printer (solvent), 54-60" cutter and another laminator.

I have been looking around here, and some things have changed so Im going to need some help getting up to speed. I also have forgot a lot of stuff too. :frustrated:

Any help I might get from you guys in the future will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Scott Reynolds

FishnSigns

Welcome back!

I have an 8 month old Epson GS6000 I'm trying to sell. The quality is second to none with it's 8 color print system (cmykLcLmOG). Does an amazing job on vinyl and synthetics. It has a hard time with 13oz banner material... but does great with 18oz. Absolutely nothing wrong with it.

We have a JV33 and run a ton of banners so we are just looking to replace the Epson with another 33 so we can have consistent output from two printers. We are also in the process of buying a flatbed so we won't need to print as much vinyl.

If you are interested, please feel free to contact me. I'm asking $12999 for the printer (firm price), we paid $17K 8 months ago.

Best of luck,

rjssigns

Check with artbot regarding the WIT Color and MI Color printers from China. Two forum members are getting them. Depending what the feedback is and what I see firsthand I may get one also. Can get into a 3.2m Dual DX-5 for around $12K delivered.

Scott Reynolds

Welcome back!

I have an 8 month old Epson GS6000 I'm trying to sell.

We have a JV33 and run a ton of banners so we are just looking to replace the Epson with another 33 so we can have consistent output from two printers.

Best of luck,

The JV33 is one of the printers Im looking into. Im pretty handy and have worked on solvent printers in the past, so picking up a pair of older JV3 or Seiko might work too.

I will keep your Epson in mind though, thanks.

Im surprised on how low the price on printers have gotten, 12yr ago my first printer, a Encad 600 60" (dye based) was 20K and the Colorspan 72 Gator was 46K. Now 46K can get you two new HP latex printers. Wow.

Like I said, Im still looking and reading. Im liking the price on the JV33 for what you get. I was always a big fan of the JV3. It was a work-horse.

Scott

FishnSigns

We had a JV3 as well and it was a work horse. We have had great luck with Mimaki products. If you are handy, a used printer might be a good way to get back in the game. Just make sure your inks are still available and be careful about aftermarket inks with the Mimaki line. Cheers.