• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'm blonde... and now gray... but I'm just not seeing it!

Team Valhalla

I'm using Corel X7...

So I was playing around with a display layout last night and saved it as a PDF and emailed it to my customer. I also saved the file in Corel so I could make changes later if needed. Naturally, he wanted a few changes, so I went in, made them, and saved the changes.

Now, the file is there... but it isn't there...

When I try and save the file as a PDF or JPEG, there's nothing there when I open up the newly saved PDF or JPEG file.

When I close and reopen Corel, under the option of opening recent files, it's there... along with all the other files I've worked on, but when I put the curser over it - the preview is blank - even though it says the file size is 15 MB. All the other previously worked on files have a preview that pops up when running the curser over them.

If I go ahead and click on the file, in the "recent files", it will open, and display the image.

Did I possibly somehow save it "incorrectly" the first time around? I've never had something like this before.

Thanks in advance for any input.

SP

AF

Sounds like the file has corruption. If you can successfully open the file in Corel, do a "save as" to make a new file and then delete the old one.

Team Valhalla

AE... I tried that - still wouldn't save properly.

Pat...I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to with the PDF. I can go through the motions of saving it as a PDF, but it's blank when I try and open the file by itself.

Yes, they're blank in the JPEG and PDF format. The cdr file is also blank in the preview (when I pull up Corel), but visible when I click on the file and open it.

The file had a number of company logos and product images in it (all of which I've used before). I thought maybe one of those was throwing a wrench in saving it. But... I can right click and "copy" the image, open Corel up again in another window, paste it in there... and it works okay. I can save it as a PDF, JPEG, and cdr file and they all open and are okay.

Weird I guess. Problem solved, but not really resolved.

Thanks for the responses.

SP

AF

Might be a good time to do a full salvo of virus / trojan / malware scans. Also do a HD scan, looking for bad sectors. If you can copy the elements from the file into a new window, couldn't you copy the entire contents of the original file into a new window to re-create it?

phototec

I had a similar issue when part of the image was off the page.

Yep, you might want to check your page size and make sure you don't have anything outside of the designated page dimension.

Sometimes a stray DOT or graphic element can cause problems with a PDF....

graphicwarning

My guess is the art got moved to either the "guidelines" layer, or some other non-printing/hidden layer. Hence the reason why it appears in the other documents when you do a copy/paste.

Team Valhalla

Thanks for all the input and suggestions.

I solved it by simply highlighting the graphic that I wanted and copying it into another Corel window.

I'll play around with the "odd" file as time permits and see if any of your suggestions pan out.

Thanks again for the input.

SP