• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'm done.

MDKAOD

DecisionOne in our area is terrible. They have failed us time and time again, and at this point, they're basically refusing to work with me. I've committed to never buying an Epson printer ever again. Does anyone have the Adjustment Wizard 2 profile and/or other service programs for an Epson 11880? I have the field manuals and part guides already. 2manuals doesn't have the programs.

VISCOM

Wow I in New Cumberland PA and just used them last week for service on my GS6000... First call in 4 years... in and out my service guy name is Chuck...

MDKAOD

I've been fighting them since a service call in July. Les was dispatched to replace a print head, which was fine. We got our lost channel back for a day or two then started losing nozzles. A call to Les was met with something similar to "Well sometimes that happens. Frankly, you're lucky you didn't have to do daily purges to get your nozzles back, because most printers I work on lose nozzles daily". A few weeks later, I noticed ink droplets on my prints. Nozzle check shows lost nozzles, ran a purge, everything was fine. More droplets, more purging, then after a bout 6-8 weeks, I have ink on the print platen. I call Epson who dispatches DOne for a recall service.

Les comes back out, replaces the print head again under warranty, and replaces the pump cap station. It's now late September. Same symptoms, same calls, same responses. This continues until early December, when I have ink down the leg of the printer as well as dripping from the center of the machine from the inside. I call Epson and they say it's beyond the 90 days of the original service call and it will have to go to arbitration to decide whether the call will be covered under warranty again. I call them every other day or so to find out what's going on. My call to Epson was within the 90 recall service period from the first recall by a few days. After their arbitration decides that they will warranty the service if it's a failed part they had already replaced, it's Dec 23rd. The call doesn't actually get placed until Dec 29th and by this time, I'm out of the 90 day print head warranty from the first recall service and I've been told by Epson and Decision One "Oh well, 90 days is up, we're not replacing it under warranty" even though the service calls were placed within the warranty period.

The bottom line is, I don't believe the print head to be bad, however, I didn't have an ink leak before Les was here. I've had one ever since he was here, and I've had nothing but push back since. Les came out for the second recall service, and couldn't find a problem. Sure, he saw the ink all over the inside of the machine, but once he determined it had nothing to do with parts he replaced, he promptly left. Something caused an ink leak. Sorry Les, contrary to your insistence, the 11880 is not gravity fed and the ink lines are pressurized. You broke something and I'm stuck with the bill and task of trying to get Epson's certified service department to even call me back so I can fix this thing myself. I wouldn't have even cared if he actually diagnosed where the leak was coming from and offered a part replacement. He didn't even do that, just left me with a machine that is inoperable once he covered his ***.

My requests and escalations to management to be "permitted" to work on a machine that I own and is bought and paid for (edit: and is well out of warranty) have been met with flat out denials because "Only certified service centers are permitted to work on Epson equipment"

This is awful. I will never. Ever. Buy an Epson again, and I will recommend to anyone I talk to the same. It's just disrespect, and very frustrating. I have 3 other printers that I have completely rebuilt and refurbished. I'm not an idiot.