• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'm Done!

brycesteiner

I bought what I thought was a good printer back in late 2015. it arrived in March of 2016. It's a Xenons R180 UV flat bed/hybrid printer.
After a year of fighting it, changing board, cables, and probably a 1000 hours, I'm just going to dump it.
It's not worth wasting more time, and material, and my shop has limited space, on this only to be continually frustrated.

Mother boards have been bad from the beginning. USB cables were wrong (it was supposed to be vs. 3 and they sent 2). Take up reel was missing.

The current problem: Cyan and Yellow print ok, Black and Magenta will pretty much stop after the dampers run out. I syringe the ink back in and it will print for another couple feet and then same thing. Also, the ink will drip out as it's printing.

I've worked with Signstech (seller) with probably over 100 emails and multiple parts mailed back and forth. They are nice but they don't know what they are doing. We have actually figured out most of the problems. Getting them to understand what we have found in troubleshooting has been another issue. I've offered to fly a tech over here to get it running, they say they can't. I'm thinking it's because they don't know that much.

The latest 'solution' to try now is to use different UV ink. We bought the ink from them. I suggested we change the lines and joints because, to me, it seems it losing vacuum. They think the ink would cause this.

Bell & Howell won't touch Xenons because the MFG won't provide anything but a service manual in Mandarin.

From now on I will only buy from something supported in the USA. I didn't think it was that big of a problem but have since changed my mind. Please use this as a warning and learn from my mistake.

So now to the question - do you want a Xenons that looks brand new and has barely run?
I will keep the Epson DX-7 print heads and dampers as replacements for my Mutoh -- which by the way has ran very well and the opposite of this machine.

Thanks for listening!

printhog

I've often felt that the oriental firms rush to sell products and then fall on their face with support. They copy things they see, then cut corners, but don't have staff engineers to determine what's needed or not. They just do not understand the follow up. I bought a $200,000 printer from Asia in 1995. So many problems, including FIRE, that after 18 months of issues the dealer took it back and got me a US made machine. But we had to do it legally..

I'd suggest you do two things.. 1. Make a demand thru an attorney for your lost time and expenses. You'll name the dealer and the manufacturer in that. 2. Go after them for lost opportunity if your state allows it. You would have been making signs and building a business with the hours spent being their involuntary research arm. That's higher value in court. If you sue them the insurer likely settle.

Your machine issues are simple product fraud.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

WrapYourCar

Thanks for posting I was looking at some xenons machines recently in china.. kinda scared to buy a Chinese machine now.. unless it's a really cheap one.. I might risk it. I'm told if you must go a chinese brand the "allwin" brand is ok. And the Shanghai manufacturers are better. But better to go jap if you have the $$

Tizz

Sorry to hear of your constant troubles and loss! And thanks for sharing also.

Roughly how much have you injected into this?

IsItFasst

Don't feel bad. I even threw a used Roland VSi-640 in the dumpster that I got from Ordaway. The machine printed fine on the first few small test prints. But when I tried to print a larger job the yellow was dropping out. After replacing about everything it could possibly be and even getting it working a time or two, it would only do about 1 or 2 prints before something else went wrong. So after putting about $7k+ into (I essentially could've just bought a brand new machine) I rented a dumpster and it was one of the first things I threw in it. I just wish I had the dumpster sooner as I would've thrown it away sooner but I felt like it was taunting me everyday so I kept dumping money into. Sure felt good to "let go".