Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im drinking the SignVox kool aid

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by D&Tgraphics, Jul 19, 2012.

1. D&Tgraphics

D&Tgraphics Very Active Member

May 17, 2007
    Lockport, NY
    So tomorrow we are signing up for SignVox. It looks pretty damn cool. Anybody have any advice or tips about the program?

Tags:
  2. john1

john1 Guest

Love it!

3. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    make your own spread sheet and fly by the seat of your pants when necessary.

any cookie cutter software does not take into account your customers, your market, and fluctuations in your business.

pricing is so incredibly dynamic that to shove it into a box solely is a major mistake to any sign business.

if you are detached from your business enough to not know your inflow, and more importantly your outflow of cash (aka your cost of materials, nut, etc.) thus leading to you not being able to set your pricing for yourself and those around you that handle that capacity, a shoe box sign pricing solution for your business is the least of your worries.

the title of this thread speaks volumes.

4. Coloradosigns

Coloradosigns Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    It comes with no pricing, you do it yourself.

it just makes it easier for taxes and stuff of that nature.

5. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    ProWraps makes a valid point. We still use Estimate and have it tuned for our business. I will however have my brother develop a dynamic spreadsheet for quoting. That way we have ultimate control and flexibility.

Sidebar: I needed some help with my logistics class and he helped develop the spreadsheets. Unreal. Guess that comes from 30 years in finance bringing companies back to profitability.