• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'm Glad that a site like this exists...

artaddict

Hello everyone...I am from Guyana, South America.I have a sign shop for over six years. We do most cars and flat signs. Recently i had to move and realise that to servive in the business i will have to get a printer plotter on the side. Printing is fairly new here.
I have done some research and have learnt about the eco solvent and solvent printers for outdoor use. Unfortunately they are far from my reach...I checked ebay and found a hp designjet 36 inch using uv head and ink, claiming 2 years outdoor versatility. The price is good for a refurbished machine. I checked for the availability of ink. They are available for about $250 a cart., .They clain that one set of ink can work on up to 2000 sq, feet of vinyl.
Are these machines any good? Are they economical in terms of ink price and the amount of work they can do ? If i should get one and use opaque coating ove it on car windscreen will it work?... I have no one to ask around I hope some one here can assist me...Thanks in advance.

Bly

Welcome. What model HP is it? Some of the aqueous printers can produce external signage but durable media is expensive. As are the inks.