• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'm going to go on vacation this year..

cdiesel

I haven't been on a real vacation (I don't consider driving a day, then going to SeaWorld/Disneyland or the like for a day and driving home the next a vacation!) in a LOOOOOOONG time. We've been working our butts off, and dammit, I'm going to take at least a week off in the next couple of months. I'd like to spend four or five nights somewhere nice. I'm thinking the Bahamas. Somewhere my phone won't work. Turks and Caicos is currently at the top of my list.

Has anyone ever been there? Any feedback? Other suggestions? :thankyou:

jasonx

Spent a week in Thailand just over January. Was awesome so cheap over there you can live like a king. Just make sure your brother is working away.

cdiesel

Thailand huh? Now you've got me thinking.

And don't worry about my bro.. he's already called the week after I get back!

jasonx

Yeh I spent the week in Patong but went around on day trips etc. Everything is really cheap. Most expensive day was about $80 and that included Island Tours to Phi Phi Island where they made the bond movies and the Leo movie with all the Weed.

Enjoy it you guys deserve it.

Pat Whatley

And don't worry about my bro.. he's already called the week after I get back!

typical brother thinking. He can put off work and put off dealing with problems for a week...then bail on you and let it all crash down on you your first week back. You'll be going through hell at work, he'll be on a beach with his feet propped up laughing at you! :thumb:

iSign

Maui is nice this time of year... and I can even hook you up with a little extra beer money helping out a sign guy to wrap his truck... how's that sound for a vacation ;)

ohhh... those thailand prices sound great... we can't match that... oh well..

have a great vacation Chris!!
i wwent my first 8 years without taking a "real" vacation.. and for the last 6 i always take one even if i can't afford it...

I decided I needed to pay attention to that old saying "nobody said on his death bed & said "I wish I worked more"

Border

Turks and Caicos islands are the place you want to go if you truly want to get away from it all. The diving there is awesome and the pace of life is perfect for a get away from it all vacation.

Great wall dives right off of Grand Turk and superb boat tours/day diving trips based out of Provo. Provo has more night life and modern amenities if that's important. Bring a dive camera!

Attachments

• Eagle Ray - Caicos Adventures.jpg
    Eagle Ray - Caicos Adventures.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 59

AUTO-FX

I just took a job offer, so I'll be back to having paid vacations. I was going to miss them. My wife and I have done a couple cruises in the Carribean. I find cruises extremely convenient, never a lack of something to do or eat, and I'd go again in a heartbeat!

fmg

Here's a few places I have been to and I highly recommend in no particular order.
1.Antigua- Coco Bay resort
2. South Africa- Cape Town
3. Mauritius- Sugar Reef Resort
4. Bali- Nusa Dua Resort
5. Malaysia- Kuala Lumpa

Pat Whatley

I only vacation to Disney anymore when I go anywhere for more than a couple days...so I can't help ya here!

I've got neighbors who do that. In the last 25 years they've been to Disney three times a year....and their only other "vacation" was a weekend in Atlanta to see a concert.

TheSnowman

It's in my family...once a year we'd go to Disney, then in the summer we'd go to our cottage in Michigan. I've done the same thing w/ my family ever since...and now we try and get to both places twice a year. I'm all about less work and more play. Long as I'm payin' the bills, that's all I'm after. I'd want to drive off a cliff if I didn't have a vacation scheduled to look forward to!

HulkSmash

I was raised in Bermuda and lived there for 20+ years. Beautiful place, Friendly people, GREAT Beaches. After May 24th the beaches are the busiest. But let me assure you. It's a vacation in a vacation. Paradise.

Colin

I'd recommend a shorter flight to the Carribean. I've been to St. Maarten; St. Kitts; Virgin Gorda ("The Baths" there is very cool); Guadeloupe; Santo Domingo; Cozumel; Isla Mujeres (if you really want to mellow out); and I would go back to the Old Town of San Juan Puerto Rico in a heartbeat.

Border

Grand Turk was my favorite so far, with San Pedro Island, Belize a very close second. Cayman was too modern, as with most Mexican destinations...although any of them are fantastic at the very least.
:toasting:

SignManiac

Hotel Higgens on Stocking Island in the Bahamas. Eco resort. No phones, tv's, or roads, but with gourmet dining each day and beautiful beaches. Can also recommend Ramora Bay Inn, on Harbour Island also in the Bahamas. Nice, small, relatively unpopulated get aways.

The dude

Take a cruise to the southern Carribean and you won't go any other way in the future. I went last year and we are going April 1 for another, can't weight. No worries no phone don't have to do anything just eat, enjor the entertainment,visit the Islands and enjoy do it now and have a wonderful time.