• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'm in such a rut here....

Colin

....that's why I am generally always against building a small business brand with a meaningless icon or graphic.

Sage advice from Dan, although I would disgree a wee bit on the above point, because a small business could do really well with a meaningful icon or graphic which clearly and unambiguously tells the viewer what the business is about. But yes, the Nike swoosh only works because of the truck-loads of money thrown at it.

signmeup

Nike started small. The guy sold shoes at track meets, out of the trunk of his car.

Last edited:

Dan Antonelli

Sage advice from Dan, although I would disgree a wee bit on the above point, because a small business could do really well with a meaningful icon or graphic which clearly and unambiguously tells the viewer what the business is about. But yes, the Nike swoosh only works because of the truck-loads of money thrown at it.

I thought thats what I said....? If not thats what I meant :)