Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm looking for a new print and cut machine,currently using Mimaki CJV150-130

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by scootinbob, Jun 6, 2019.

1. scootinbob

scootinbob Member

Apr 9, 2009
    twinsburg,oh
    I Work for a local Govt making street signs,banner,yards signs and so on. I'm currently using
    Mimaki CJV150-130 Print and cut combo. I would like to get a newer machine mine is a 2015 model.
    Does anyone have any suggestions on other brands. I am keeping in mind the maintenance of the
    machine from print heads to ink replacement costs. I would like to stay with a print and cut combo.

Tags:
  2. OPENSignsInc.

OPENSignsInc. Member

Aug 23, 2015
    Greenville, PA
    We just got our CJV150-130 last December to replace our JV33-130. We still run our JV150-130 with a CG-130 fxii. I prefer the JV & CG over the CJV as the cutter on the CJV is essentially just a SRiii and the pinch rollers don't seem to hold as well. It also allows me to print and cut jobs at the same time. One advantage if you get the same, would be transfering the inks to the new printer if they are still in date.

I'd stick to what you know, but that just my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1