• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'm looking for a new print and cut machine,currently using Mimaki CJV150-130

scootinbob

I Work for a local Govt making street signs,banner,yards signs and so on. I'm currently using
Mimaki CJV150-130 Print and cut combo. I would like to get a newer machine mine is a 2015 model.
Does anyone have any suggestions on other brands. I am keeping in mind the maintenance of the
machine from print heads to ink replacement costs. I would like to stay with a print and cut combo.

OPENSignsInc.

We just got our CJV150-130 last December to replace our JV33-130. We still run our JV150-130 with a CG-130 fxii. I prefer the JV & CG over the CJV as the cutter on the CJV is essentially just a SRiii and the pinch rollers don't seem to hold as well. It also allows me to print and cut jobs at the same time. One advantage if you get the same, would be transfering the inks to the new printer if they are still in date.

I'd stick to what you know, but that just my opinion.

APCInk

Merchant Member
I agree with Open Signs about the independent workflow solution, but if you are limited on space the other option is the newer print cut machine from Mimaki called the UCJV Series. Instead of solvent ink this machine used UV curable inks instead. This would not be suggested if the street signs need to be reflective because the UV inks are not as transparent as the Solvent inks are.

I hope this helps!

Brian

L.D

The Mimaki UCJV150 or 300 series would be a great choice. Since you already have a CJV150 solvent the learning curve would be greatly reduced operating and software wise.

The UCJV series eliminates drying time with its UV LED curable system. Your ink cost per square foot would basically be cut in half with this unit. The 300 has the ability to stack 5 layers which makes for some neat possibilities!