• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'm ordering!!

Mikeifg

Just came across this and I hope it's knowone from this site. If it is you should be kicked out.

" 100 8"x1" Custom decals any color for 50.00"

this is why we are loosing the war on quality. It's people like this with no business sense who don't know what to charge.

Here's their web

www.260vinylworks.com

Pat Whatley

That price is for cut vinyl, that's much worse than printed. That's a whole lot of cutting and weeding for $50.

The funniest thing on their site is the motorcycle fender saying "OLD SCHOOL"....lettered in vinyl.

tanneji

are rolands made in the us? judging by the instruction manual i thought they were japanese (they say " WE USE ONLY AMERICAN MADE ROLANDS" on the about us page)

Bigdawg

Just Me
I hope you ordered really tiny type....

and my Roland says Made In Japan too... maybe I should call and ask them - you know signmaker to signmaker - where they found an American-made Roland...

Rooster

I wonder how cheap he would quote if you asked him for an order of 10,000 decals?

He certainly doesn't have much room to move (or common sense).

I'm surprised I got in here before Mosh came along and dropped his now infamous "all day long" on us.

vinylbarry

Thats a garage shop business you see by some of the pictures there doing it at home so they think there making good money spending 10 hrs to pick them 100 decals for 50.00 bucks.
Lets see min. wage 7.25 a hr x 10 72.50 and no cost for tape or vinyl ummmmm!

zmatalucci

Just came across this and I hope it's knowone from this site. If it is you should be kicked out.

" 100 8"x1" Custom decals any color for 50.00"

this is why we are loosing the war on quality. It's people like this with no business sense who don't know what to charge.

Here's their web

www.260vinylworks.com

What color did you want? I lost your order.

jfiscus

Rap Master
100 qty 8"x1" decals per square foot (16 decals fit in 1ft2) at $50 total = $8 per square foot. Looks like only simple text and standard colors. Not too bad of a price, I don't see how it'd take more than 1 hour TOPS from receipt of order to packaged for shipping on something like this.

On cut vinyl what do you charge per square foot? How about for a coroplast yard sign compatarively?

TheSnowman

Mike, these guys are right out our back door. I'm not cutting ANYTHING anymore, I'll send it to them, go eat lunch, and pick it up.

royster13

It is a whole different view of the world looking at it from the point of view of "successful" sign shop owner versus someone who just wants to eat this week.....

PS....I am still eating okay but not many steaks on my menu....

deek

1300 unique hits on my website the last 3 days and I usually get 100 in a whole week. I knew the publicity was coming from somewhere.

To address the subject of this post, I'm baffled at the responses. Without going into details on a public forum about material costs, etc, jfiscus is dead on. It takes less than 7 sq ft of 651, and just under an hour start to finish to run this job. Letters are all arial caps, 1" tall and weed with one pull.

$8 per sq ft is a little (not much though) under our normal rate for simple to weed decals, but this is a special. It does what it is supposed to do and opens the door to new customers who order projects at our normal prices. BTW, I generally earn a $50/hr shoprate on top of materials, for cut vinyl, not $7.25/hr. I feel that's what my time, and investment in equipment is worth, and my prices reflect that.

Even when I was working out of the house,(we've been renting a space in an industrial park for a few months now) I've never lowballed, and let every one of our customers know, we're not the cheapest shop in town, and could care less what the others are charging. We do work to pay our bills, not theirs.

To those who said order 10,000, or sit back and sub your work out to us, please do. It'll help us pay for the second shop we're getting ready to sign on in a more visible location than the one we're renting now.

To the other local shops on this thread who I believe knew exactly who this was to begin with, concentrate on getting business in your door in these tough economic times, and less on our prices. It'd be a better use of your time. Put more ads on craigslist or something. If we're as bad as you say, then obviously this last year was a fluke, and we can't possibly make it another one losing money the way you say we are, so no worries for you, you're the pros.

(BTW, didn't I see the original poster of this thread offering printed banners in the $2/ft range on your site a while back? I heard a couple of the other shops in town call this lowballing, lol. Maybe if we're revoking forum memberships...)

In all reality, we'll continue to do our thing, profit, and add to our list of satisfied customers. I've never felt the need to try to manage, or critisize anyone else's business. The customers will sort that out, and buy where they want. Our prices are fine

Oh, and to the clip-art sign shop comment, if our customer would rather tap into our clipart collection, which we have invested <$100 in total, and save money, than take advantage of our $50/hr design rate, why wouldn't we give them what they want? We're here for them first and foremost. Satisfying our ego's is way down the list.

Mikeifg

Glad to give you publicity. BTW we don't offer banners @ 2.00 a sq ft. Anymore. Like you we did that to generate customers. Which turned out to be more of a hassle than what it's worth. I'll admit that. I work with alot of shops in town so lowballing is news to me. When you offer the prices you have on your website your customers will expect it all the time. That's what we went thru. There is alot of info on here from people who have been at this far longer than me that got me away from that. Take some time and do some research here and it will benefit you and your company.I make more money with less work and still put out a quality product. I had someone wanting to know if I could offer them 100 1x8 decals for the price you listed and they gave me your web site info which is what drew me to your site to begin with. So what do you think anyone who has been at this a while would think. And pricing matters it's what pays the bills here. If I matched every lowballer in the area I'd be out of business. I cant spent 50 to make 20. It shouldn't cost you money to open up your shop every morning. So like steve said good luck this year and if you have any questions anyone here will be glad to help.

R08

Actually 18 of these would fit in a square foot.
Using that math the cost is $9/ft2.

I still wouldn't do it for that.. but to each his own.

100 qty 8"x1" decals per square foot (16 decals fit in 1ft2) at $50 total = $8 per square foot. Looks like only simple text and standard colors. Not too bad of a price, I don't see how it'd take more than 1 hour TOPS from receipt of order to packaged for shipping on something like this.

On cut vinyl what do you charge per square foot? How about for a coroplast yard sign compatarively?

jiarby

Tell me you didn't dredge up a 10 month old thread to be the math-nazi and correct a math error!

So, let me assist you...

Facts assumed to be in evidence:
1. There are 144 square inches in one square foot
2. The OP was (10 months ago) selling 1" x 8" cut vinyl decals at the rate of $50 for 100pcs
3. A 1x8 decal takes up 8 square inches.
4. 144 divided by 8 is indeed 18.

BUT... let's challenge some of your presumptions that led you to an incorrect conclusion:

1. He gets 100% yield from a square foot. He doesn't. The OP spaces these apart (as seen in image on his website of sample product) about 1/8th of an inch... maybe a little less

2. His plotter almost certainly uses friction rollers to advance the material being cut. This causes him to lose at least a half to 3/4" on each side... lets say .75x2,or 1.5". This means a 12" length of 24" vinyl only can yield a maximum of 270 sqin, not 288.

3. I laid out 100pcs of 1x8 and sent to job to my cutter(didn't actually cut it!) and the best yield I could get from a 24" roll of 651 was 100 pcs out of a 40" lenth of vinyl. 40" x 24" is 960 sqin.. or 6.66 sqft. I was spacing them .05" apart and the rollers took 1.35". I might be able to squeeze them out a little more but I am cobservative and do not want to risk a corrked feed rolling off the rollers.

4. 100 pcs divided into 6.66 sqft yields me 15pcs per sqft. 83.33% yield.

5. $50 gross sales divided into 6.66 sqft of material is $7.51 per sqft.

Not $9 as you felt the need to tell the world about a conversation we all quit caring about 287 days ago.

LOL..
Time to take my pills I guess and go try to sell something!
Maybe I will try to see if someone wants any 1x8 decals on Craigslist?

The above post is intended to be sarcasm & satire.

VINYLIMAGEZ

Thats a garage shop business you see by some of the pictures there doing it at home so they think there making good money spending 10 hrs to pick them 100 decals for 50.00 bucks.
Lets see min. wage 7.25 a hr x 10 72.50 and no cost for tape or vinyl ummmmm!

If you spend 10 hours to weed 100 simple text 1x8 decals......your the laziest sign maker in the planet, you need to learn how to weed buddy!, I'll show you if you want to.:peace!: