• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'm out of my Element. Looking for help pricing repairs and value of a DCS 1024UV Flat Bed

MissyAmerica

Hi All!
I stumbled across this forum and am hopeful someone can help me get started on selling my printer.
Long long long story short. 2 years ago, I spent my savings on a used DCS DirectJet 1024UV printer without having the slightest clue what I was getting into. I had hopes of supplementing my handmade phone cases with a cheaper printed option. Turns out, the printer needed repairs, and it was so complex for me, I eventually gave up on trying to fix it.
I do remember DCS was kind enough to troubleshoot with me over the phone a few times and they gave me some scenarios that might be the issue.
I'm going to pretend that ALL of them are true so I can prepare for the worst.
Capping Station,
Print Head,
Main PCB Board,
I also purchased $900 in ink and empty cartridges from Sign Warehouse (because I was told the machine was working) . I opened the bottles to fill the cartridges. Does this mean all of that ink is most likely no good now? Is there a way to tell?
In the event all 3 things need to be replaced and installed, as well as new ink, cartridges, and I would guess some other maintenance since it's been sitting in my garage for 2 years. Can anyone give me a ballpark figure on what that would cost?
I would like to get the printer running so I can sell it and hopefully recover some of my ridiculous losses. I'm also wondering if this printer is now obsolete or if it still has value.
Any and all help is appreciated!
Thanks so much!

CanuckSigns

do the ink lines actually have ink in them? if so it's going to be a big job to fix as the ink will have dried out throughout the lines, printhead etc.

if you never got the printer to actually load the ink then you might be in luck.

either way used printers are not usually worth much, even in good shape, the technology advances so quickly that they are usually obsolete 1 year after being released.

MissyAmerica

do the ink lines actually have ink in them? if so it's going to be a big job to fix as the ink will have dried out throughout the lines, printhead etc.

if you never got the printer to actually load the ink then you might be in luck.

either way used printers are not usually worth much, even in good shape, the technology advances so quickly that they are usually obsolete 1 year after being released.

I never got any ink to come out, but I wouldn't doubt that there is ink in the line.
I'm full expecting to to take a massive hit. Im just wondering where to go from here. Are you thinking it's worthless? I don't think I could ever bring myself to just toss it.