• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'm really digg'n this clients idea for a tidy busienss card!

GypsyGraphics

A client sent me a mock-up of how he wanted his business card to look, and asked for feedback on how he'd written his email address.

He's British... so i told him i thought it was "bloody brilliant" ... that love it and was stealing his idea!

all he had on the card was his nice clean logo, which he'd done a pretty decent job on (only slightly modified before illustrating by yours truly) and then across the bottom..... this:

Jason Gibbs | 858.555.0000 | jgibbs@ | CompanyName.com

he was told by many friends that the email address should be completely spelled out, that people wouldn't get it.

personally i love it. love that it removes the redundancy, if the email and web address are the same following the "@" sign.

i told him i think this could be the next "thing" ... as cool as going from dashes to dots, was.

what do you think?

HulkSmash

I like it, but there's some pretty stupid people in this world that wouldn't get it.

for the slow peoples sake i'd pass on doing that.

Salmoneye

Depends on the type of Co perhaps but I think it's a good way to weed out customers that you would just want to fire anyway.

2B

+2

or you will get someone who tries to put a lower case "l" after the @ and before the URL

Tim Aucoin

I LOVE IT! Might have to use it one day soon. I'll "Canadianize" it!

The dashes to dots is so 2010, but still work and look modern! :wink:

Last edited:

miker

I like it, but then again I have stopped putting websites on anything that has a business email address on it. If someone can't figure it out.....that's their problem.

My personal feeling is that if your business name and website share the same name and someone can't find your site in less than 3 seconds....well......

Mosh

I like it. Most web site don't use www. anyomre but most customers insist to use it. I always ask if they want the "http://" on there too, then they sometimes get it.