• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Im So Sick And Tired Of....................

PMG

FREAKING FLEXI PROFILES......i was running 8.5v1sp2 and had this issue and i just upgraded to the 8.5v2sp1 and the problems are still not fixed.......one of many problems are when ya go into the color profiler and change the ink levels and click save,,then you go and open the printer propertys the profile no longer works...this freaking chaps my ass....i so feed up with Flexi :banghead::banghead:

rdm01

I have very few good things to say about flexi in general. My favorite lately is
changing the color of an object and having the program unexpectedly close on
you!

signguy95

I keep having issues with the color correction being checked on my custom profiles...after searching through the default settings, I finally found where it was check by default.

I know it may not help but make sure the color correction isn't checked.

Maybe this helped,

Jay

PMG

Its is checked.......try it out sometime and go in the profiler and change the ink levels on any profile like Oracal 3651 and hit save...then go open the print propertys and to color management,,,you'll see your profile with a error and the profile changed and the profile you wanted is no longer in the list.....:frustrated: to get it to work again you haft to delete that profile and reinstall it.

I don't know how many ways to say it, or how many times it needs to be said, but here goes:

NEVER, EVER change the ink limits on an existing media configuration (aka RIP-based profile). The moment you do so, you completely invaludate the configuration, and there is no way to get it back, short of reinstalling it from scratch.

This is true for all RIPs, all printers, all resolutions, all inksets, et al. Don't do it. The media configuration is built upon the ink restrictions, and changing them changes everything that takes place from that point forward in the profiling process. I am assuming that the reason that you are looking to change the ink limits is due to some dissatisfaction with the performance of the existing profile. In that case, the proper solution(s) would be:

a) Obtain the tools and training to build them yourselves - (this is the best answer).
b) Try another configuration/ profile.
c) Live with it.

Bob

signguy95

I see now...your trying to change a canned profile. I thought you were talking about a custom profile. I use a custom profile and I recently changed the ink levels up about 10% to accomadate the grains I was getting in a light color, but with my custom profile, it just re-linerized it. With a canned profile you can't.

Jay

PMG

well on the Oracal profile the inks are 95 and 100% and the ink pools and the print looks like shit. Thats why i wanted to change the levels,,,other than that i use the Mutoh all in one,,in flexi 8.1 before they changed to the color profiler you could changes the ink limits with NO problems what so ever.. Teri Houghton at SAI said this was a know issue with the 8.5

Jim Doggett

Hi PMG,

I checked with our support manager, and here's what he wrote back:

All fixes & new profiles are on the new 8.5 SP2 disk. We have them now.

Contacting our support, via email (support@signwarehouse.com) or phone (800.699.5490) is probably the best solution.

Best Regards,

Jim

PMG

Jim thanks for the reply.... as i stated in my first post,,i just did upgrade to 8.5v2sp1 from 8.5v1sp2...and this issue is still here. Is there another up date to 8.5v2sp1...because Santiago from SW just sent this 8.5v2sp1 in the mail 2 days ago stating this was the newest update that Teri at SAi just sent him.

PMG

Jim i am willing to let anyone of your tech do a remote connection to my Pc so you can see the issues first hand Or any one from SAI.

Jim Doggett

Jim thanks for the reply.... as i stated in my first post,,i just did upgrade to 8.5v2sp1 from 8.5v1sp2...and this issue is still here. Is there another up date to 8.5v2sp1...because Santiago from SW just sent this 8.5v2sp1 in the mail 2 days ago stating this was the newest update that Teri at SAi just sent him.

This might be a moving target (nearly daily). I'm not sure, since marketing folk tend to be less technical, especially me. Mike Akard mentioned something about profiles being copied over from an older version (wrong); and that all new profiles have been created and added to SP2 (correct, maybe. I haven't done the "seeing is believing" test as yet)

Maybe it would help for you to call the support line, and tell them to get me into the conversation. I can make sure something definitive happens.

Sorry for the hair-pulling frustration. Hopefully it will pass quickly.

Cheers,

Jim

PMG

Jim i will contact tech first thing in the AM and let the tech guy know to get you the phone with us. ..i would like to get this issue fixed. Thanks :thumb:

Jim Doggett

Jim i will contact tech first thing in the AM and let the tech guy know to get you the phone with us. ..i would like to get this issue fixed. Thanks :thumb:

Sounds great. I'm typically here at 7:30 CST ... I'm not quite the early bird that our support folks are.