• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Image cut off when printing

JoeBoomer

I ripped and printed a trailer last night. The art is a combo of vector & raster art. The print cut off part of the raster image on both sides of the trailer (2 different files). It shows up fine in the RIP preview, but it almost seems like it stopped processing part of the raster image or something. This happened on both sides of the trailer with two totally different files.

See the image and let me know your thoughts.

Onyx 10.2
HP L26500
pdf files

Thanks Team!

Attachments

• IMG_3961.jpg
    IMG_3961.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3962.jpg
    IMG_3962.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 80
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-16 at 12.17.55 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-16 at 12.17.55 PM.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 85
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-16 at 12.18.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-16 at 12.18.44 PM.png
    344.3 KB · Views: 85

DesireeM

Yeah - will need to see the image and maybe a screen cap of the settings in the rip software.

Shot in the dark but I've had issues with digital information "disappearing" in the past because my Rip software's print queue was too full. I have a bad habit of not deleting jobs from the queue after they are done and eventually I get this issue and have to go and delete everything.

JoeBoomer

interesting. I would try flattening the whole thing to raster

I would like to keep the other panels that I printed already, so I'm concerned with flattening and getting color shift.

Weird thing is this happened with both files which are relatively small files (30 mb each).

The pdf is only about 25-30mb but grows to 1.6gb when ripped..?

Any thoughts, comments, questions?

J Hill Designs

The pdf is only about 25-30mb but grows to 1.6gb when ripped..?

Any thoughts, comments, questions?

This makes me think the image in the pdf is linked, not embedded, perhaps you are having disk access throughput issues (not reading the linked image as fast as the vectors)

no idea how to correct, its just a guess

DesireeM

Can you save the file as an .eps file instead? PDF's always give me headaches when ripped. They don't uncompress well. But if you save them as an .eps they rip faster and I never have issues with pieces of the file glitching during printing.

JoeBoomer

That is the most logical answer yet, but the image is embedded. :)

This makes me think the image in the pdf is linked, not embedded, perhaps you are having disk access throughput issues (not reading the linked image as fast as the vectors)

no idea how to correct, its just a guess

JoeBoomer

eps leaves faint box around placed images

I saved & printed an .eps version and it fixed my initial problem of it cutting off the image but....

It placed boxes around the images that are placed in the file. They are very faint, but it does show and it lightens up the background.

Any ideas gang?

Thanks!

Can you save the file as an .eps file instead? PDF's always give me headaches when ripped. They don't uncompress well. But if you save them as an .eps they rip faster and I never have issues with pieces of the file glitching during printing.

shoresigns

Those are some great stock photos. Damned shame of a missed opportunity if they didn't call the restaurant EAT ZA PIZZA!!!

J Hill Designs

I saved & printed an .eps version and it fixed my initial problem of it cutting off the image but....

It placed boxes around the images that are placed in the file. They are very faint, but it does show and it lightens up the background.

Any ideas gang?

Thanks!

set your rendering intents equal for both raster and vector

kanini

Long shot but try optimizing your PDF (Save as - Optimized PDF) from Acrobat (not reader only) if you have that...

JoeBoomer

Just wanted to update everyone. I ended up printing the first 4 panels of the wrap (which were correct). Then I flipped the file upside down and ripped it again. So again, I was able to use the first couple tiles as they ripped correctly.

Not sure what happened, but the RIP seemed to just stop processing correctly after about 300". I haven't had the issue since.