• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

import a bitmap in illustrator from photoshop

hockeymania

hi guys

I am trying to put an image in illustrator that i have cut and tuned in photoshop but the problem is that everytime a get the white squarre around my image

any help to get the white away will be very apreciated

Eric

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If you have worked in layers in Photoshop then you should have a transparent background. You have several options:

• Merge your layers but do not flatten the image
  • Save As a PSD with a different name and open or place it in your Illustrator workspace. Transparency will be preserved.
  • Or Save for Web using PNG as the selected format and with Transparency selected. Transparency will be preserved.
  • Or Save for Web using GIF as the selected format and with Transparency selected. Transparency will be preserved.
  • Or after merging layers, select the layer and Create a Workpath using the Paths Palette. Export the Path to Illustrator. Open the path in Illustrator and place the image file. Position the paths in position and on top of the image. Select both and execute a mask command.

GK

hi guys

I am trying to put an image in illustrator that i have cut and tuned in photoshop but the problem is that everytime a get the white squarre around my image

any help to get the white away will be very apreciated

Eric

What do you mean when you say cut and tuned in photoshop? do you mean cleaned off all the excess around the image you are importing to Illustrator? If so, make sure that the layer in photoshop has a transparent background, save as a .psd, open in Illustrator and keep the layers do not flatten the image. That white box is not going to go away without deleting the image since it is a raster image; it comes with a clipping mask around it so if you plan on printing and cutting you need to make a CUT path on the layer above the raster image first.