Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

import/open .ai and .EPS in Omega 4.0 causes crash

Discussion in 'Gerber Omega, Graphix Advantage & MacImprint' started by natedawg9640, Jun 22, 2011.

1. natedawg9640

natedawg9640 Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Appleton, Wi
    Any tips on how to fix this problem? the only way i can get around it, is if i open the .ai, copy the content into a separate file and downsave to 3.0, and then open with omega. omega 4.0 fresh install, windows 7. it throws the old "we're sorry... we must close the application"

Tags:
  2. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    I'm running 4.0 and have not seen this happen when I open files but I'm not running window 7. wonder if that is where the issue is.

3. natedawg9640

natedawg9640 Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Appleton, Wi
    well supposeldy, 4.0 is windows 7 safe. and it is a 32 bit system as it's supposed to be.

4. threeputt

threeputt Very Active Member

Mar 10, 2006
    washington state
    We're running Omega 4.0 on a Win7 64 bit machine.

If you'd like you can send me the file and I'll see what it does on my machine.

5. Tony Teveris

Tony Teveris Active Member

You should submit a PERU bug report with the attached file(s). Otherwise I can guess all day why it will not import and crash. You should have the Problem and Enhancement Report Utility icon on your desktop.

6. natedawg9640

natedawg9640 Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Appleton, Wi

thanks i'll try and duplicate the problem tonight.

7. Tony Teveris

Tony Teveris Active Member

Did you get this to repeat? Did you send in a PERU? because I do not see it in the bug database.