• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Import PDF to Flexi and font changes

JMo56

I am stumped...I have PDF files that I import into Flexi 10 and the fonts sometimes change to Courier. I have no idea why this does that. I have the fonts that are on the PDF, its most common with Times. Any ideas or suggestions on how to make it just import the way it is? Thank you in advance.

TNsignchick

There are several different types of times, formatting-wise. There's open type, true type, flexi-supported. It may be the same font, but a slightly different format or name. Best thing is to have the pdf completely converted to outlines before trying to import, or if you have acrobat professional, export it as an eps with fonts converted to avoid this corruption

jayhawksigns

If you are just needing to print the pdf, just open it in PM and output it. A file that Flexi will butcher will open just fine in PM most often.

Only helps you though if you don't need to do any editting to it.

JMo56

There are several different types of times, formatting-wise. There's open type, true type, flexi-supported. It may be the same font, but a slightly different format or name. Best thing is to have the pdf completely converted to outlines before trying to import, or if you have acrobat professional, export it as an eps with fonts converted to avoid this corruption

thank you I will try that!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If, however, you need to keep the type editable, then you need to possess the same fonts in the same format that were used by the creator of the file and have them installed when you import the file. Just having the "same" font from a different foundry isn't going to be recognized as the same as used in the file.

RiXaX

I use an older version of Flexi, but per chance my comments might be valid.
I think when I make a PDF the fonts are changes to vectors. When I open a PDF I usually need to unmask and the text are not in a font format. Is this different in newer versions?