• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Importing Files Created by Someone Using Adobe Illustrator

Custom Signs

What do I need to do or have the person do that is sending me artwork that has all kinds of layers in the artwork. It will not import into my Flexi 10 correctly. The artwork being sent to me usually has a lot of Fades and Shadows. And has boxes that go outside the borders of the graphic. I have attached the file I was sent and a picture of how it looks when I import it into Flexi and when I click on the file in Flexi that's when you see all the boxes and layers. I'm lost, please help!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2519.jpg
    IMG_2519.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 24x36 large sign for kim.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 126

Gino

Premium Subscriber
For some reason, I can only see one of your inserts. Perhaps the other one is too large. I can't tell a thing from the thumbnails. Sorry.

Custom Signs

Thanks Big Easy!

I have been told to have it flattened. Just don't know what that is or does but Thanks for the Info. It's easier to tell somebody when you get the info from someone who Knows what they are talking about! Thanks Again!!!

Tell them to combine all layers and flatten transparency. Then send in .eps format. Should take care of your issues.

TimToad

I have been told to have it flattened. Just don't know what that is or does but Thanks for the Info. It's easier to tell somebody when you get the info from someone who Knows what they are talking about! Thanks Again!!!

I apologize for coming off really mean about this, but you have been a member here since 2006 so I assume you've been involved in the sign and graphics business in some capacity that long and you don't know what it means to flatten a multi-layered image? Who in your shop has been processing your files for you all this time?

Might I suggest a few online tutorials in Photoshop or some other image editing program if you don't use PS?

Curtis Daniels

What do I need to do or have the person do that is sending me artwork that has all kinds of layers in the artwork. It will not import into my Flexi 10 correctly. The artwork being sent to me usually has a lot of Fades and Shadows. And has boxes that go outside the borders of the graphic. I have attached the file I was sent and a picture of how it looks when I import it into Flexi and when I click on the file in Flexi that's when you see all the boxes and layers. I'm lost, please help!!!

Why do you need to import it into Flexi10? Are you doing some editing to it?

Just import it into the production manager and print it from there.

Open your production manager/ select the printer/ click on the job folder to locate the file. It will load without any layer problems.

J Hill Designs

Why do you need to import it into Flexi10? Are you doing some editing to it?

Just import it into the production manager and print it from there.

Open your production manager/ select the printer/ click on the job folder to locate the file. It will load without any layer problems.

he would most likely run into issues with transparency over vector issues, unless rendering intents are set to be the same for raster and vector data