Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Importing files

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by StickyResidue, Feb 10, 2007.

1. StickyResidue

StickyResidue New Member

Jan 27, 2007
    Here's what I am doing and trying to acomplish: I scanned line art into Illustrator and cleaned it up. What I want to do is bring this art into SignMate v5.8 and send it to my cutter. Could someone guide me as to what I need to save the file as and how I get it into SignMate? I appreciate all the help I receive from this group. Thank you, Dave

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    You're unclear as to whether or not you have traced the scanned line art. This must be done and then delete the scan in Illustrator. Once deleted, save the vector outlines as either EPS or AI and manually select to save back to version 3. SignMate 5.8 will not open or import versions later than version 3.

Have you considered just scanning directly into SignMate and doing your tracing there?