• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Importing GS6000 from US to Canada

jdupa

:Canada 2:

I will be importing a brand new GS6000 from US to Canada, the price diff is phenomenal - close to $10K!!! and no duty is charged by Canadian customs. I am still trying to find a reputable dealer who will ship to the border, and I will pick it up further and across.
However, I am not sure about the warranty. Does anybody know if the US warranty will be honored by Epson Canada? Has anybody done it before?

Thanks for any answers.

Rooster

No they won't honor the warranty, they may even refuse to work on it at all. They're kind of pissy that way.

jdupa

Thanks for your answer Rooster. Is this your personal experience with Epson service?

Meantime, I found the official Epson GS6000 warranty booklet here: http://files.support.epson.com/pdf/progs6k/progs6kwa.pdf

and it clearly states that "Epson America, Inc. (“Epson”) warrants to the first end-user customer that the Epson Stylus Pro GS6000 64-inch wide solvent printer covered by this limited warranty statement, if purchased and used in the United States or Canada, will conform to the manufacturer’s specifications and be free from defects in workmanship and materials for a period of one year from the date of original purchase (proof of purchase required)."

Hmm.... I am lost here.

Molenbeek

As a US dealer of the Epson and many other products- this is a common question. Basically- I could ship this printer to the border on the US side and you could take it from there.

However the warranty is void once it leaves the US. I am only authorized to sell the GS6000 into the United States. Same as a Canadian Dealer can't sell into the US. The serial number of the machine would state what country its from and where the warranty is liable.

Hope that helps- let me know if I can help in any way

Matt

M@CK

:Canada 2:

I will be importing a brand new GS6000 from US to Canada, the price diff is phenomenal - close to $10K!!! and no duty is charged by Canadian customs.

No duty is charged by Canadian customs, really ?
Please tell me more on how that works.

bigben

what price have you been quoted in the us and canada? I have a quote here in montreal for less than the price of MSRP in the US.