• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Importing .jpg files and printing to EDGE

crueff

When importing .jpg files into Omega and then printing to the Edge as a CMYK design, we only get the first color to print. For example, when importing a photo from clip art only the first color (process yellow) will actually print. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

With designs created in Composer, this is not a problem.

Thanks

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It sounds like when you import the image you have your preference set to print in spot rather than process. When you are sending the job in GSPPlot, what is showing in your 123 dialog for foil colors that will be used?

crueff

Thanks for responding. We have changed to process colors and the 123 box shows CMYK. In fact, when sent to EDGE, the EDGE shows each of the four colors but only prints the first one (Yellow). There may be some dots of each of the other three colors but does not print the full picture.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
When you send the job to the Edge is it asking for the other foils when it prints and the print is just not happening or is it just asking for yellow and nothing more? Or is it stopping in the middle of the printing?

crueff

The EDGE is asking for each foil color but all it is printing after the yellow foil is just some dots (very few) of each of the other three colors.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Try this:

In the 123 dialog box

• Turn off Automatic Color Management
  • Manually select the print profile named "Gerber Edge II 300 DPI CMYK"
  • Reprint the job
If that doesn't work, try a different JPG image file to see if the same thing happens there.

If that doesn't work, go back to Composer and recheck the image settings. I usually use the Gerber RGB setting for my image workspace. Also I am wondering if the JPG is set to an abnormal color mode. Open it in an image editor and check to see that it is in RGB color mode. If it isn't, change the RGB and resave it, reimport it into Composer and try to print it again.

crueff

This didn't work either!

I printed one of the photos a couple of days ago and it printed fine. No others seem to work. I don't know what I did to make it work.

Thanks for your help.

Charles