Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

importing lxi files into flexi 7.5

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by Jkovacic, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Jkovacic

Jkovacic Member

May 13, 2005
    yes iam trying to import lxi files into flexi and it will not identify them and i was was wondering how to do that? i am try to swich over so i can run everyting to flexi. Thanks:thankyou:

Tags:
  2. Bobby H

Bobby H Very Active Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Lawton, OK
    You'll have to export your artwork to a different format, such as EPS, Adobe Illustrator or perhaps DXF. The choice will be determined on how Flexi imports each of the format flavors exported.

Software incompatibility is one of the major reasons why I tend to double up designs in at least two apps (typically Corel and Flexi). If you're using an application that suddenly stops getting developed your legacy files could become worthless in a short amount of time. For elaborate, original pieces of vector artwork and original logo designs, I'll archive the finished design in several formats.

3. Jkovacic

Jkovacic Member

May 13, 2005
    Thanks

I got it figured out now
    JASON
    :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:

4. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Actually there's an easier way.

Because LXI is just a private label version of Flexi, you can simply change the extensions on the files from .VE to .FS. Flexi will then see them and should be able to open them.