• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Importing non-vector images to cut in Corel

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldPaint

you da man cadmn.....i 2nd dat opinion.....and i dont take back anything i said.....you are YOUNG!!!! YOU NEED TO LEARN COREL!!!!! as any good computer graphics person that frequents any board will tell you...THIS GAME AINT A ONE HORSE DOG & PONY SHOW!!!!
most here, me doug, si, cadmn signmanic are are FUNCTIONAL in most any graphics programs available.
YOU.... need to expand youre capabilities.....and that would stop the whimpering.......
yea COREL IS A TOUGH PROGRAM, i will say it took me a good 2 years of using it to feel comfortable with it.
i tell people COREL(any version)to learn all it is capable of doing will take a SMART COMPUTER SAAVY person a good 2 years to learn it all(most change versions without ever knowing the lasts one FULL FUNCTIONS).
i can work in PHOTOSHOP/PHOTOPAINT/PAINTER/ILLISTRATOR/COREL/ARTS & LETTERS GRAPHIC EDITOR/SIGNLAB/SIGNWIZARD/FLEXI/VMPRO/PROCUT/GA6(i rellay hate that one)/LETTER ART 8.0/FREEHAND/CANVAS/ and PRINT ARTIST!!!!!!
so iam not hampered at any one of these....YES IT TAKES TIME TO LEARN EACH ONE.......youre young....get at it!!!

kilerb

So, I can export all my designs from photoshop to "paths to illustrator" which Corel can read and then cut perfectly, and you are all still saying I should learn Corel? Why? Everything is working smoothly now. I've already tested and cut my photoshop file.

I never accused ANYONE here of being ignorant. NEVER. So don't make things up. If I did, please quote me or admit I did not. Don't lie to win a debate, you look silly doing that.

Saying someone is "young" as a way to say "ignorant or naive" is just as bad. I'm not young, I'm probably older than you. If I'm not older than you, I'm definitely not young. I wish I was! lol

You guys just like to fight apparently. I can't believe you're all so angry over me wanting to use my existing photoshop files. It's working perfectly and you really still think I should learn Corel so i can make them from scratch when I'm already used to doing what I'm doing. If I get into making signs or really fancy text that photoshop can't do, I'll try and learn some things, but until then, this does exactly what I want it to, and I would have never learned it without posting what I did on here. You guys need to learn that you can communicate with people without name calling or insinuating things that are not true. Trust me, I might be the less intelligent one when it comes to the Corel Draw program, but the majority of readers know that it was way unnecessary the way you attacked me when all I was doing was inquiring. Fortunately, those people have PM'd me and posted the information I needed. I should do like them and ignore you, but hey, the more you talk, the more jerkish you all look. Bottom line I asked a question about a shortcut, you didn't like it, you attacked me, others gave me the shortcut that you didn't have knowledge of apparently, and now you look ridiculous for attacking me. You can not take it back and stand your ground all you want... You were wrong. I don't need to learn other programs to make simple symbol and text tees. Sorry.

Cadmn

sullosau said:
geez thats like almost twice my age heheheh "just kidding guys"

Steve
young whippersnapper get to learninJ/K as I have seen you come a long way & think others have also. hell my kids call me the old grump :) among other things

Cadmn

kilerb said:
take it back and stand your ground all you want... You were wrong. I don't need to learn other programs to make simple symbol and text tees. Sorry.
OH really, now so your only using photoshop huh. so no reason to learn about Corel? the point still remains photoshop dont cut & u have to use Corel but none of us told u that HUH I told u that corel will import .psd's wayy back yonder but obviously you don't need corel

iSign

long after kilerb shrivles up with embarrasment & crawls back under a rock, this thread will remain in our forum here & to that end, a continuation of good advice is still relevant as other may find this thread through a search & those others may be more receptive to good information.

therefore, here is a link to download vector files for some international pictograms or glyphs:

http://www.aiga.org/content.cfm?Alias=symbolsigns

14_toilets_thumb.gif

(I don't know if these are the "male symbol" & the "female symbol" that was causing so much trauma... you don't think he was trying to get out of drawing the symbol for mars & Venus do you?)

ap003-mars-sm.jpg
ap011-venus-sm.jpg

kilerb

No, I don't need corel TO DESIGN my images. That's what I don't need. I have a bunch already made as I've stated in photoshop. Didn't want to recreate them if I did not have to and I don't.

kilerb

Doug, the only one that should be embarassed here is you. You're the jerk remember? Why should I be embarassed? I did not know how to do something, I asked how... Some attacked, others provided the info on how to do it. I now know how to do it, and you look silly for attacking me. You said to watch hours of tutorials when someone answered my questions and I'm up and running in 2 minutes. You were obviously not taught manners by anybody, so like I said, this debate is a moot point.

I suppose that the tutorials would have led me to that link with the symbols you showed? LOL... The ones that are in Corel are very thin and did not match the text I was using, which is why I wanted to use my photoshop image, which looked great. It's not cutting great too, no thanks to you since you weren't aware of how to export the paths like a couple others here that helped instead of attacked. You suck man.

Status
Not open for further replies.