Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Importing vector images

Discussion in 'Signlab' started by undertaker, Dec 17, 2019.

1. undertaker

undertaker New Member

Sep 23, 2019
    ireland
    Hi everybody and seasons greetings from Ireland
    I wonder if I could ask a question about signlab 10.
    I sometimes download images that I need to cut as sandblast images on headstones we are manufacturing.
    Many of these are free images from public clipart,eg an angel design.
    I download the image and transfer it into sign lab, however when I try to open the image it shuts down signlab, this only happens sometimes and I would love to know what causes this and is there something I can do to avoid it happening

Tags:
  2. myront

myront CorelDRAW is best

Dec 3, 2015
    Niceville, FL
    Are they, in fact, "images" as in raster bitmaps, jpg's , png's or vector clipart?
    If vector what type? eps, svg, or other

3. undertaker

undertaker New Member

Sep 23, 2019
    ireland

4. undertaker

undertaker New Member

Sep 23, 2019
    ireland
    I have one at minute that im trying to use.
    It say the file type is PNG, does this mean anything to anybody, as soon as I try to open it it the signlab shuts down

5. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

png files are bitmaps, like a jpg. Often they have a transparent background.

6. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    You still have to vectorize a .png, and that's usually hit or miss. And then you still have to edit from there.

Try this instead. You can buy elements individually or as a set. The best part is that the artwork is specifically designed for monument sandblasting so you don't have to edit v-lines, stray nodes or otherwise dirty artwork.

I can usually get a file within a few minutes after ordering.

They're worth every penny: https://designmart.com/

JB

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Andy D

Andy D Very Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    I'm not familiar with Signlab, but most programs have quirks that you have to figure out work arounds. Many programs do better when you save the image and then import, rather than copy paste.
    If there is a particular file type that crashes your signlab, you can open it in a different program and export/save it as a
    different file type.

• Agree Agree x 1