• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Importing

mander0104

:Canada: I have a dilemna. Every other day has been fine...I import ALL THE TIME..but today...for some reason (even after rebooting the computer) i've tried importing a few .ai & .eps images in to signlab and it just sends signlab into think mode, and the title bar and stuff disappears as if it's really having a hard time thinking about what it's supposed to be doing. I have no idea what might be wrong, and of course, things are crazy as heck here, and I need to do some importing...wondering if anyone might know the source of my problem?? Thanks all!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I've suddenly been getting similar problems with my Omega software import and suspect that allowing my Windows OS to automatically update itself may not be such a good idea.

gROUND cHUCK

mander0104 said:
:Canada: I have a dilemna. Every other day has been fine...I import ALL THE TIME..but today...for some reason (even after rebooting the computer) i've tried importing a few .ai & .eps images in to signlab and it just sends signlab into think mode, and the title bar and stuff disappears as if it's really having a hard time thinking about what it's supposed to be doing. I have no idea what might be wrong, and of course, things are crazy as heck here, and I need to do some importing...wondering if anyone might know the source of my problem?? Thanks all!

Maybe you can find something here:

http://www.cadlink.com/support_train/search.php?searchstring=importing+.ai+.eps&productList=

Geary

Mander,

When's the last time you de-fragged or upgraded your RAM? Could be the "simple answer" .....This applies to Windows or Mac systems. Problems that come-'n-go like that are usually related in this arena....in my experience.

Bill Preston

Newer computer? Windows SP2 added lately? Older version of Signlab? Added RAM maybe? Anti-virus updated? Been a "worm" caught on my 'puter twice in the last few days.

bill preston

At the far end, you could have dongle issue. Remove it and reinsert it.

SignLab will work with all of the latest updates. It sounds as if your SL has become corrupted. Reload it WITHOUT deleting and see if that helps. If it does not, uninstall SL and reload.

SignLab "hanging" is usually caused by corrupted dll files.

Note: If you have just installed ie7, that could be causing an issue - as it comes with MANY issues, in beta form.

scooternalberta

mander and i fixed the problem ,it was set on post script import instead of signlab importer, i am her husband,there is a slim chance i may have forget to change it back after messing around"wasnt me"lol.
thanks again guys