• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Improve large one color space prints

messmedia

Is there a way, or a profile tweak, to improve quality while remaining speed of prints that has large spaces of same color?

4 example, if I have whole 4x3 meters billboard red with little letters in the middle, is there something I can do to, 4 example, make dots LARGE (or turn off wariable dot size) so prints will be less grainy, due to larger dots spread at the same area?

rozankan

Printing large area of a solid color

In Roland VersdaWorks, you can’t change or select fixed large dots to print. The size of variable dots are fixed according to the template used with the media profiles. As an example fixed dots are smallest dots in RVW (example: 1440 x 1440 – artistic mode on the XC-540.)

We would recommend using the Roland Color Library, print out the Color Chart at your desired print mode (print it at the mode he needs – High Speed or Standard). Then select the RED color that matches your desired output.

If you are printing a rather large panel which is 4x3 meters, you are most likely going to ‘tile’ this print, so be to use ‘Place Alternate’ feature.

Additional help tips for using the Roland Color Library or VersaWorks are located in the built-in Help feature.

For a complete list of Roland Support resources please visit:

http://www.rolanddga.com/owners/support/productList.asp

then search for VersaWorks or Roland Color Library and you will see related documents as well as tutorial videos.

http://support.rolanddga.com/Docs/Documents/departments/Marketing/Brochures,%20DataSheets%20and%20Books/Roland%20Color%20Book.pdf

Feel free to PM or call our Technical Support Department at 1-800-542-2307 and Press "2".

----------------------
Robert Ozankan
Senior Product Manager - Color Products
Roland DGA

messmedia

Not exactly answer to my question, but it is very informal and educational, so - thanx, rozankan!

I tried few weeks back to test colors from Roland palette - reds especially, though, I noticed there is very little difference - if any - between reds that are close on screen - I mean, I see difference in screen, but do not see it in prints. Not major problem, though, knock on wood - I kinda love the fact my prints are EXTREMELY close to what I see on my screen (I have calibrated ips panelled screen) So, no probs there.

And to back it up: I did some labels for local honey manufacturer last year. So he came back this year, wanted large quantity, but also wanted large discount :{) so I decided to outsource the job to our offset-digital printing colleagues (they have HP indigo press, so, cant do much better than that). And I did say that to my customer - for better price, we must do different printing kind, so expect slight difference in colors and material.
boy, was that a difference! The dude was, like, so unhappy with the colors, his acctuall words were - last labels u did - colors were POPPING, this is so lame ;{) - but he did pay and go.
So, for colors that POPP OUT - use ESM ;{) - and by the way, I decided NOT TO GO third party, even if I print only for myself in future!
So if all of them (customers) wanna choke on the smell and get creative with cancer developing in their bodys - so be it. :{)