• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

improving cut quality on an envision 375?

Bcrawf

I'm cutting some panel decals with a thin lexan overlam that need to have circles cut out, I'm using an envision 375 cutter, but I'm getting "ovals" The size of the circles vary from .18 to .65. Any tips for making an accurate cut? I'm using a 60 degree blade (new) and multiple passes, I've slowed it down to about 4 inches per second, but not much success. Thank You!

JRgraphics

How to cut difficult material on the Gerber Envision 375

I would move the blade back in to the holder so very little is showing (you want to scribe a line). Once the lexan is scored (scribed), reset the blade and depth. The blade should follow the scribe line for the final cut thru.

Make sure the material is going thru the sprockets correctly. I have experienced many times where the manufacturer has offset punched the holes just slightly which causes cutting problems. Hold down the bails and run the material back and forth to correct that problem.

Finally, sometimes the material is feed above the bar in the back or the bar is not moved down to bottom position. Make sure the material is under that bar.

JR.:thumb: