Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In honor of a great man! My Grandpa

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by BigfishDM, Sep 7, 2011.

1. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Tags:
  2. John L

John L Very Active Member

Apr 28, 2007
    My heart goes out to you. Every day I miss my Grandfather.

3. skdave

skdave Member

Sorry about your lose Josh. I hope we are all printing at 100.

4. BigfishDM

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Thanks guys, we had a huge party set up and then he had a massive anureism in his stomach and his only option to live was to have immediate surgery and the doctors had never operated on a man that age but he made it through the surgery but two weeks went by and he got kidney failure. I was able to see him the night before he passed and he told me it wouldnt be long now till he went on to bigger things. He knew excactly what was going on and it was really sad to see but he lived a very full life.

5. GypsyGraphics

GypsyGraphics Major Contributor

Mar 19, 2009
    he sounds like a wonderful man Josh... and someone who made the best of his many years. i hope the joy he brought to your life overshadows the sadness of missing him.

xoxo -gg

6. Rodi

Rodi Very Active Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Sorry for your loss, but how much did you gain from him? Sounds like a lot, and that is cool!!

7. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Sorry for your loss, he will always be in your memories, sounds like he was a great man!

8. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    What a cool-sounding guy, how proud you must be to have had him for a pap.
    I lost my aunt StaDort today (Stella Dorothy) she was 90.
    Aren't we lucky to have known such great people?
    Love....Jill

9. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    just this little part really painted a good picture of him for all who knew him and those, like us, who never got the chance to meet him. he sounded like a great guy. you and your family must be so much richer for having him in your lives and I am sorry for your loss.

10. hightop

hightop Member

Nov 6, 2010
    Sophia, NC
    To Bigfish and Jillbeans, I am so sorry that you have both lost beloved family members. It is so difficult to go through. They both sound like wonderful people.

11. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Sorry to hear of your loses to both of you. When you get up around that age, it's just so much fun, listening to their stories. May he, and your aunt, Jill, rest in peace.

12. TresL

TresL Very Active Member

Oct 24, 2005
    My prayers are with both of you.

Today is also my DAD's New Birthday.
    He passaway 1 year ago today.

13. laserman70

laserman70 Very Active Member

Dec 25, 2007
    usa
    Sounds like he was an amazing man.
    Sorry for your loss.

14. Tim Aucoin

Tim Aucoin Very Active Member

Very sorry to hear about your losses Josh & Jill. I truly warms my heart though to hear when people have lived such long and wonderful lives. I find that the people who make the greatest difference in our lives tend to live the longest. When God has a plan for us, He keeps us around as long as He needs us! 90 and 100.... WOW! Those are lives worth celebrating! :smile:

15. BigfishDM

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Thanks again everyone for your kind words! Sorry to hear about your loss also Jill, its great they were able to have lived for so long and experience so much.

16. rushworks graphics

rushworks graphics Very Active Member

Jun 29, 2010
    never having/knowing a grandfather he sounds like someone well worth knowing!.......sorry for your loss bigfish.

17. MachServTech

MachServTech Very Active Member

Sep 19, 2008
    North Carolina
    My prayers and condolences to both of your losses.

18. Mike F

Mike F Active Member

May 11, 2011
    Sorry for your loss BigFish, you too Jill. Wish I had spent more time with my grandfather before he died of stomach cancer about 10 years ago, I was too young and stupid to realize how much I'd miss him though.

19. eye4color

eye4color Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Murrells Inlet
    Sorry to hear about this BigFish. How lucky to have had him in your life for so long. I lost all mine early on. I recently found the speeding ticket my grandpa wrote me in 1976. I was written up for excessive speeding in the garage while "piloting" a properly finned '60 T-bird. Brought a smile to my face and some mist to my eye. You'll have a part of your Grandpa with you always and we are all lucky to have known that generation of Americans.