• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

In illy: Combination Artwork and resolution more that can be rasterized...

Zazzess

Hello :signs101: !

I'm wondering... with that error message... Do I have to start from scratch to avoid my computers' crash well illys' crash...

:help

GraphixUnlimited

... i hate combo vector / raster artwork ... its just a big tease hehe, either do it in vector for re sizing or ya better do a massive rasterized version (any artwork i do.. logos... signs.. anything... i do at a minimum of 2' wide at 300 DPI .. MINIMUM!!!! )

cheers eh

jc1cell

Here's what I have done on occasions when this happens.

1. Create a file in Photoshop to the same size as the Illustrator art and with the proper print resolution based on the scale of the art.

2. Copy and paste as smart object in Photoshop. You can do this with the entire art, or with different layers.

3. Then save as psd. To print you can save as jpg to help with the size.

It's worked out well for me often. Whenever I need to make a change, all I have to do is double click the layer and it opens in Illy.

jc

Zazzess

Pattern was to heavy...

I made a nice pattern and had to erase it.. then it worked well...

Anybody has a clue what I could have done to keep the pattern without it being to heavy ?

Rasterizing it in Psd ??

:help

Zazzess

... i hate combo vector / raster artwork ... its just a big tease hehe, either do it in vector for re sizing or ya better do a massive rasterized version (any artwork i do.. logos... signs.. anything... i do at a minimum of 2' wide at 300 DPI .. MINIMUM!!!! )

cheers eh

Don't like it either ( combos), it is a 4'x8'... at 300 PPI...

Zazzess

Here's what I have done on occasions when this happens.

1. Create a file in Photoshop to the same size as the Illustrator art and with the proper print resolution based on the scale of the art.

2. Copy and paste as smart object in Photoshop. You can do this with the entire art, or with different layers.

3. Then save as psd. To print you can save as jpg to help with the size.

It's worked out well for me often. Whenever I need to make a change, all I have to do is double click the layer and it opens in Illy.

jc

:goodpost:Works well

rfulford

I am not sure why illustrator is more limited in what sizes it can rasterize as opposed to the rest of the creative suite. I like working in illustrator for complex layouts so I deal with it. You can save your AI file as a PDF. Acrobat will export tiffs at a higher resolution than you can get out of AI. Almost anything I cant export out of illustrator will export out of Acrobat or rasterize in photoshop. The limit is that photoshop will not rasterize a file beyond 32000 pixels. Even more limiting is that there is no warning to this effect in the rasterize dialogue. If you go over, it will rasterize one dimension properly and drop the other dimension to the limit and distort your artwork. So, if your final resolution per panel is over 32000 pixels, you have to switch to photoshop.

Zazzess

Thanks for helping

I am not sure why illustrator is more limited in what sizes it can rasterize as opposed to the rest of the creative suite. I like working in illustrator for complex layouts so I deal with it. You can save your AI file as a PDF. Acrobat will export tiffs at a higher resolution than you can get out of AI. Almost anything I cant export out of illustrator will export out of Acrobat or rasterize in photoshop. The limit is that photoshop will not rasterize a file beyond 32000 pixels. Even more limiting is that there is no warning to this effect in the rasterize dialogue. If you go over, it will rasterize one dimension properly and drop the other dimension to the limit and distort your artwork. So, if your final resolution per panel is over 32000 pixels, you have to switch to photoshop.

:thankyou: So its ''normal'' to deal with it. Feels nice to know I'm not the only one.

(I like your signature :peace!:)