• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help In need of a sign. lol

I'm really surprised no one has said invest in a laminator. If you're not going to buy a printer, you might as well buy the laminator so that you're not having to re-buy prints you screw up, which will happen when doing them by hand, especially starting out.

Ummm...that is exactly what I mentioned in great detail in the very first reply.

KY_Graphics_Gal

Ummm...that is exactly what I mentioned in great detail in the very first reply.

Yes, I took that very seriously and absolutely appreciate the advice. Now what I'm asking is what type of cutter would be good for starting out with cut vinyl. I will get a laminator for vinyl sheet prints that I outsource but would like to be able to cut my own vinyl in-house. Nothing too fancy, just something more professional than a Cricut.

We have had a 24" Roland GX-24 for 8 years now and it's a great entry level professional cutter. We've never had an issue with it and I would highly recommend it.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Yes, I took that very seriously and absolutely appreciate the advice. Now what I'm asking is what type of cutter would be good for starting out with cut vinyl. I will get a laminator for vinyl sheet prints that I outsource but would like to be able to cut my own vinyl in-house. Nothing too fancy, just something more professional than a Cricut.

https://www.uscutter.com/TITAN-Viny...TOKftu1VbslmHoCfX_flzf1V-gB2wU1waAtawEALw_wcB

I've had this for a few years. Its whiper quiet when cutting, cuts well and tracks the vinyl straight... seems solidly built for $800

equippaint

Like tx, we own a uscutter too but an sc model thats about 8 years old now. Its a good place to start and test the waters.
The sc has stepper motors which makes it a bit loud, just something to keep in mind.