• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

In need of some vinyl that has been discontinued

prosigns1

I have a customer who is needing some striping repaired on an old conversion van. The closest color I could find that matched was #138 Mauve metallic in the Universal color chart. I called my supplier but this color has been discontinued. I only need 36" from a 15" roll. Anyone possibly have this color laying around that they would be willing to sell me. I have checked all my color charts and no one else sells a color close to this one (Avery, 3m, Oracal). Thanks, Michelle:banghead:

Sign Works

Have you called Universal Products to see if they have any of that material still in stock? It's possible that they do, they use speciality colors for the RV & marine industry, distributors are only gonna look at a current color chart and go by that. I recently needed a speciality color for an RV repair, I found it on a Universal Products pinstriping color chart from the mid 80's (Seafoam Green Metallic). I called every distributor possible and was repeatedly told that Universal Products had been shut down by Avery, yes they are a converter of Avery brand vinyls, well I called Universal Products and guess what, yup they had it, I got the part # from them and told my local distributor to get off their ass and order it for me. That color sounds familiar, I'll check my stock and color charts tomorrow to see if I might be able to help.

prosigns1

We do have a printer however it is a metallic color but we may have no other option than to go that route as I have called Universal Products and they no longer have any left of that color.

deegrafix

Mauve Metallic

I have a 15"x 40 yd roll, pretty old, but the adhesive is still sticky and it hasn't shrunk at all on the roll. It is a Gerber HP Metallic Light Rose, and looks like mauve to me. FDC has it as well. If you're interested, let me know.

dee

prosigns1

Thanks but that is too pink, compared to the mauve metallic from universal. I appreciate it though. Event the mauve metallic was a little darker than what we needed but was the closest match.

Tim AFX

You could try Universal Products out of Goddard KS www.u-p.com.

Your 138 Mauve Metallic is on there 2007 chart.

These guys sell striping to RV and Trailer manufacturers and have a list of distributors.

Sign Works

Sorry no Mauve metallic in stock although I did see it on the Universal Products sign vinyl color chart so it is an Avery vinyl, you can try Sharpline Converting, they too are a converter of Avery vinyls as well as 3M, they have lots of unique colors not found on the standard sign vinyl color charts, they have even told me that they have colors that are not on their current color charts so they advise to call and ask in these cases, good luck.

http://www.sharpline.com/

prosigns1

Thanks everyone for the help. It is greatly appreciated. I was able to find the vinyl from one of Universal Products distributors. They actually still had some left over in stock. My customer got lucky on this one. Thanks again.