• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

In RolandVW how to print panels ?

Zazzess

Hi,

I've been trying to set panels to split the image I need to print.

However I do it, it does not stay.

The picture is 84/38'' and I want to do a 84/27''.

I try to set an half and half split and then set manually the right size.
It seem to work but when I click okay. I see that there's 4 panels instead of 2 and it splits the picture vertically and I want horizontal panels...

Is that possible .?.
What am i doing wrong ?

Please help me :U Rock:

CanuckSigns

Yeah i ran into the same problem a while ago, it was very annoying. Depending on your design program, it may be easier to break the design into panels there instead of in versaworks.

Jack Knight1979

I tried the panel tool in VW with little to no luck. I feel like I don't have enough control over this feature.

I cut out the panels with overlap in PS and have been doing so for years.

I have to add bleeds and small extensions onto banners that I weld, which VS cannot do, another reason why I use PS for this task.

Custom_Grafx

In Illustrator, I create artboards touching each other, then set the overlap as the bleed. If I want a 5mm overlap, I set a 5mm bleed.

Then you print page 1, page 2, page 3 etc etc, with bleed turned on in your print dialog box when you send to VW.

It will automatically send the panel (page) size with the extra bleed. You don't need to cut anything up.

Zazzess

Thanks !

:U Rock:
In Illustrator, I create artboards touching each other, then set the overlap as the bleed. If I want a 5mm overlap, I set a 5mm bleed.

Then you print page 1, page 2, page 3 etc etc, with bleed turned on in your print dialog box when you send to VW.

It will automatically send the panel (page) size with the extra bleed. You don't need to cut anything up.

:goodpost:

Zazzess

Hi !!

Anyone can help with this one ?
I try to use Custom_Grafx' tip but I don't succeed :p

How can I print pages by pages ?
All I see is a small piece of the artwork...
How can I have the whole 2 pannels to send to printer %??
:help

Zazzess

Ok seem to work again in VW...
I think I do something so it works or it does not...
Un caprice of VW I'd say ...