• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

In search of a good mimaki tech that knows flexi

Big House Signs

I know it must be difficult to figure a printers problem, but there has to be someone who can get my mimaki jv3-130spII to print like it did a month ago. A month ago the printer started having drop outs on greens, I sent pics to the guy I have been using....he thought I needed a new black head but knew money was tight for me and suggested just switching out the yellow and black heads, but he wouldnt be able to get out here for 2 weeks. so I called another company I have dealt with and they sent their guy out. He said switching it would just cause another problem...he did a bunch of tests, recalibrated...it was a bit better but not fixed...cost $575. So I am thinking screw it...did some finaggling, bought a new head and had my regular tech guy come out today. He worked on it for 5 hours...was on the phone with mimaki...determined, not the head, not the encoder strip, the bar is not warped, it's not the heater...he thinks it's flexi. Cost $750. But I just printed something thru raster link and the same streaks are coming thru!
Does anyone, know of a good tech on the east coast who can fix this. I can't keep on putting money out and the printer is still not working properly
I am at the end of my rope here. Thank you.
Paula

mustafade

I wish I can say I know some one to recommend to you but I don't.

I completely understand what you are going thru.
I have too hired a tech and everything said and done I end up spending $5000.00 and guess what I am still having the same issue.

So easy to make money these days if you are a Mimaki tech after everything is done you can say oh well it was working when I left there.

Good luck with your machine.

Big House Signs

You have any pictures of the problem your having?
yes....attached is the print from the rasterlink rip (1st) and 2nd is from flex. On the first print...there must have been dust on the end of the roll ...which is what those dots are...the streaks is what concerns me. On the flexi I printed slow unidirectional. Thank you.

Attachments

• 1raster link.jpg
    1raster link.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 136
  • 2flexislowprint.jpg
    2flexislowprint.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 84

gabagoo

try lowering the heads and printing in unidirectional 8 pass and no high speed.
what heat settings did you use? what vinyl is it? does it have the thick backing paper or the thin stuff. Also try printing on Matte. Not sure why but my jv3 likes matte

Big House Signs

I have it on thin....i guess there is another way to lower the heads? I am printing on lg 5 year....but on the avery MPI 1005....its even worse. We have a vehicle partial wrap and you guessed it, GREEN...looks horrible. We usally print at 35 and 38 degrees but we have been trying all kinds of temperatures to see if this would aleviate the problem...it does not. Now I did have some paper posters we did earlier that were green...and it was not nearly as bad.

Arcdru

How many passes are you doing?
How big is the banding?
Have you done a print adjust? (aligning bi-direction print) It looks like your bi-directional could be out.
What is the print resolution and what dither type are you using?

Big House Signs

Test draw is good...dampers are good...both techs realigned/recalibrated (thats the same right?) Printing at 720, 8 pass, dither FMX press.
I swear what kills me about the techs....they are like doctors, they are practicing medicine...you have to pay them whether they heal you or not.

CS-SignSupply

Have you considered the media? If it worked a while back and the issue is present from both RIP software programs, seems like the RIP is not an issue.

What version of Flexi? Have you checked your Rendering Intents and possibly use the Pure Hue options to test?

Maybe even try a similar profile?

Possible Humidity/Static issues?

Big House Signs

it was actually printed on lg 5yr. on any vinyl...from avery to the orajet...same issue. Only thng we dont have a problem with printing is paper
and banners.