• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

In search of a roll printer.

Dangreenst

I just purchased a local sign guys company. He did not have a large format printer.
I do have a MiMaki cutter and a Gerber Edge2.
So, I am looking for a large format printer.
I have researched the Epson Eco line, S40,60,80. I was looking at buying the S40 as a printer to get me off the ground. I know the Epson Eco line is highly regarded.
I will mainly be printing stickers for cars and graphics for mx bikes, quads, snow machines etc and do some large format photo printing.
My question is: What other brands in large format would be a good set up for me?

Thanks in advance.

GaryO

Dangreenst

I have several HP Latex and Mimaki Eco Sov and Dye Sub printers avaliable. I also service all wide format machines in the LA area. Please PM me for more info.

SamP

We have had Epson 80600 or S80 as they call it. We have had no issues with it. The print quality is great except when there is some dirt stuck up in the print head and in most cases light cleaning will remove it. We only lost 1 printhead in almost 4 years. I admit we do not use it as much as some other companies that run continuously. The service was quick as Epson has a dedicated team and technicians all over the country, I believe. There are issues sometimes about drying if you run high speed and narrow width. The only major complaint I have is that the ink is very expensive. They keep raising the prices and also have stopped making multiple package of cartridges that were cheaper. Ink cost is something one has to always consider.