Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In search of.. a true lime green reflective engineer grade

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by letterman7, Feb 13, 2019.

1. letterman7

letterman7 Very Active Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    As the title says, a true lime green. Not a lime yellow. I've never seen one and I have a feeling I'll wind up printing something for a customer that says that it absolutely has to be the green and not yellow.

Tags:
  2. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

3. letterman7

Nov 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    That's diamond grade, not engineer grade. That I have (and it really isn't a lime green). I need an engineer grade for striping on a fire support vehicle. But thanks for that link.

4. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    I don't think anyone makes a lime green EGP as the code for that color is typically Type 4 or above.

Avery makes a Type 4 in there workzone line Product W-6513.

5. letterman7

Nov 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Yeah, I don't think so either. The company wants to match the paint color on their existing trucks with some striping on new white trucks. I told them it was going to have to be printed at X cost and they balked... what else is new. The 'Lime Green/Lemon Yellow' from both Avery and 3M are the same basic color, and it isn't "green" enough... plus, I really don't want to put that down the length of a truck with cuts and curves :)

6. jfiscus

jfiscus Map Wraster

Apr 2, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    You could probably Edge print the color onto 280 white. That's what we would do.

7. letterman7

Nov 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Yep.. if I had an Edge :) I can hit pretty close to most with my Mutoh... visited the customer today - a full hour and a half ride - to see what, in fact, they want to do. And none of their apparatus match now, so they aren't sure after hearing all the options. Some days I really hate my job..

8. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
  9. Robert Gruner

Robert Gruner Member

Mar 6, 2012
    houston tx
    Check out Orafol's Oralite V98

I think they have a flourescent lime green

Bob