• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

In the market for a new cell phone

MikePro

loving my HTC Evo. No way I'll ever go without a smart phone every again!
GPS my installs, take photos of completed projects and email to sales staff/clients, and surf the web... whenever i wanna!

Hopefully upgrading to the "3D" version which has a 3D camera. Sounds pretty slick.

3CGraphics

thunderbolt if you want Flash, Blackberry and iPhone do not support it. Also as mentioned battery life is fantastic if you turn off 4g, wifi, and tweak the settings.

qmr55

thunderbolt if you want Flash, Blackberry and iPhone do not support it. Also as mentioned battery life is fantastic if you turn off 4g, wifi, and tweak the settings.

I completely forgot this! Many Android phones support flash....ipone and blackberry don't!

signswi

More importantly they have widgets, better notifications, an app market that's just as vibrant and much less expensive.

signswi

Looks like Verizon won't have the Samsung Galaxy S2 after all. Noticed the Droid Charge has an AMOLED screen though which I didn't know. AMOLED are much brighter/crisper (better outdoors).

petesign

Just bit the bullet and bought the HTC Sensation, and got my wife a Google G2X. I was on the fence, but the Sensation has so many fun little things with the Sense UI, i had to get it. Absolutely AMAZING phones. You can use them as wifi hotspots, run HDMI out to your television, stream netflix in HD, etc. Good grief, amazing how powerful these things have become in the last few years.

CES020

If you are leaning to the iPhone, as you said, be aware the new one is rumored to be coming out the first week of October, so if you decide you want an iPhone, see if you can delay for 3 more weeks.

FrankenSigns.biz

I have a JitterBug. I recommend that...

It has big numbers that are easy to see and push. It is easy to hold. It has a big speaker for my ear. And it has big numbers that are easy to see and push.

Sign_Boy

I know it's been a while, but I went with the iPhone & the OtterBox.
Haven't had a chance to mess with it all that much but so far I like it

mortil

I Love my Galaxy S2. works flawless and has a screen that kills most mobiles. (totaly iphone) battery lasts longer than other smartphones ive tried.
good camera.
love that you can make it very personal and fun.
and that its not that hooked up to anything, able to get programs from diferent places ..

BUT the thing i do like about it is the battery time for sure. i can go around a whole day talking, surfing, mailing with it (about 3hrs talk, 2hrs surf, 10 mails) and the next day theres still 30-40% battery left.

petesign

Loving my HTC Sensation, but the battery life SUCKS. BAD. If I dont leave it on the charger most of the time it runs down every day. I guess having a dual core processor in a device smaller than your hand, with a battery the size of a quarter of a post-it pad - what can you expect?

signswi

Turn off wifi, bluetooth, gps when you aren't using them. Lower your screen brightness settings (screens suck tons of juice). If you want to get fancy you can root and install a cpu clocker and set up triggers to change the cpu depending on what you're doing, but that's above most people.

Mike F

Thinking of picking up a Samsung Admire this weekend, pretty cheap and it's an Android phone. Even though it's a low-end Android it's still gotta be better than the secondhand, god-knows-how-old LG I've got now.