• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

incentive programs

binki

Work or get fired seems to work for us.

In reality though, I would offer a 10% spiff on the profit $ above a shop minimum. So if we said we wanted a 60% Gross margin on all orders and we had a $1000 order that would be a $600 Gross. So if the employee sold it at $1100 then he would get 10% of the $100 extra. But, and this is a big but... we would also deduct sales below the shop margin so if he sold something at 50% when we want 60% then we would take 10% of that markdown off the bonus.

He would soon learn where the breaking point was on leaving money on the table and getting a job as well as having our interests in mind.

As far as paying it, quarterly would be a good start and he would have to be still employed at the end of the quarter to get it.

I would also add a 5% bonus on some amount of volume for a quarter or year. So if he sold more than a certain amount of gross then bump that bonus by another 5% on overage or 50% of his paid bonus for the year.