• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Incomplete Cuts

khoalabear

Hi, just purchased a used Master Desay XY-380P. I've cut several Dragons and such and the problem I'm having is that most of the cuts do not complete the contour of the object, leaving like a 1/2 mm gap. Would the problem be software and/or hardware and how do I fix the problem? I'm using Flexisign 8.5. Thanks!

theskipman_98

adjust your offset. Can usually be done on the machine. Make sure you are using the right angle of blade for your material.

Last edited:

khoalabear

adjust your offset. Can usually be done on the machine. Make sure you are using the right angle of blade for your material.

thanks, but believe it or not, but there's no option for an offset adjustment on the machine, i just read the manual and looked on the LCD...

Devo

I am sure there is a blade offset adjustment in the Flexi8 ... I saw it just before I put it in the bin !

I'm not ragging on your choices here, I found the Flexi too cumbersome so I bought SignCut so I could cut from Corel straight to my Creation plotter, works a treat :)

khoalabear

I am sure there is a blade offset adjustment in the Flexi8 ... I saw it just before I put it in the bin !

I'm not ragging on your choices here, I found the Flexi too cumbersome so I bought SignCut so I could cut from Corel straight to my Creation plotter, works a treat :)

thanks for the info, i will try to find it within flexi...

khoalabear

I think I found the option to change the knife offset in Flexi, but it looks like it's already at 0.00. Any other ideas on correcting my incomplete cuts? Thanks!

mikey-Oh

checking the free online dictionary, offset's defined as : an agent, element, or thing that balances, counteracts, or compensates for something else. according to the flexi manual, knife offest's only supposed to be used in changing the knife for a pen....

i'n my flexi, 7.6, there's a cut control with an option for overcut, that's how i've fixed incomplete cuts. boss man runs 8.1 and there's an option for extra cut length, might try messing with that.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Hi khoalabear... from just over the skyway :smile:

Play with the offset a little. Makes a huge difference on a Master's cutter... I think I used to run mine at .03 but can't remember... there are posts on here about the offset on the masters though... search is your friend!

khoalabear

checking the free online dictionary, offset's defined as : an agent, element, or thing that balances, counteracts, or compensates for something else. according to the flexi manual, knife offest's only supposed to be used in changing the knife for a pen....

i'n my flexi, 7.6, there's a cut control with an option for overcut, that's how i've fixed incomplete cuts. boss man runs 8.1 and there's an option for extra cut length, might try messing with that.

thanks for the info, i will try to mess with it tonight...

khoalabear

Hi khoalabear... from just over the skyway :smile:

Play with the offset a little. Makes a huge difference on a Master's cutter... I think I used to run mine at .03 but can't remember... there are posts on here about the offset on the masters though... search is your friend!

hi BIGdawg... if i get a chance, i will try to play with the settings... thanks!