Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Incomplete Cutting

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by David6ft6, Aug 9, 2007.

1. David6ft6

David6ft6 Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Well, this is my first post and hopfully someday I'll be able to help someone on here.

I have a ProCut MH721-SE plotter/cutter and the problem is that when I cut something, it's not complete, meaning I would have to go back with a knife to finish the 1/16" that it didn't get. Weeding is a big pain when I have to go back and do something that the machine should have gotten. Any ideas? I'm using Flexi with different vinyl. I tried to slow down the cut but it does the same thing.

Thanks for any help,
    David

Tags:
  2. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    There are a couple of things you can check, one is make sure your teflon strip doesn't have any gourges in it, two you might need a new blade holder assembly and make sure your blade is sharp and not chipped off.

3. JCteesOhio

JCteesOhio Member

Jul 28, 2007
    had same problem

I had the same problem with a cougar cutter made by creation and the technician told me to change the blade offset value. try going to a lower number first, Ex. 0.020 to 0.019. I have mine in default at 0.020 and the machine start cutting right at 0.016. I hope this help.
    Good Luck