• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Inconsistent contour cutting with roland SG300

m2w

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone has had similar contour cutting problems with the SG series printers. The hybrid jobs are usually accurate but the print and cut jobs are inconsistent. The scan and feed are generally off and at times the cut could be 1/4" off. I had the roland techs replace the crop mark sensor and calibrate the print and cut, everything works proper when they are here but in a day or so the problems reappears. I'm using flexi 12 software and windows 10 and even had flexi support try and help. The flexi output size compensation is good and everything checks out. At times I think its a software problem and others times I'm convinced its the printer. I recently was using my graphtec as a cutter and it worked good so I know that the SG300 was the issue but a few times it had the same cut errors ( 1/4" off on the 26" x 40" print and cut) as the roland. I have tried many different test to try and isolate the problem but its not fixed yet. Roland service dept is slow in resolving the problem.

Thanks for any input.

Joe House

Why not use Versaworks? At least to eliminate the software as a problem here. You can save the job from Flexi as an EPS and print and cut through Versaworks. Also, make sure that you're not using "Center on Media" when doing print/lam/cut.